Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Terrify Your Archenemies with Nemesis Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zan Vorez

09-14-2012

Quote:
Lord Zypheus:
I like it, but I'm in the same boat as the 'why does he have a real weapon?!' crew.

I mean, Jaximus has one, too, sure, and I know the skins aren't exactly tied into the lore all the time (surfer Singed and, well, a crapload of other champ skins come to mind) but I mean, if they changed Diana's other skin because it didn't fit into the 'core ideal' of the character, shouldn't they keep Jax from having a real weapon as part of HIS core ideal?

It looks cool as hell, don't get me wrong. If I owned Jax I'd probably get it.

Don't believe Riot if they say they changed Diana's skin for some lame reason like it didn't fit. They changed it because visually, it was incredibly similar to Syndra, including headgear. They made a mistake by overlapping designs and couldn't man up to say "whoops, one track mind."

Lord Zypheus

09-14-2012

Quote:
Zan Vorez:
Don't believe Riot if they say they changed Diana's skin for some lame reason like it didn't fit. They changed it because visually, it was incredibly similar to Syndra, including headgear. They made a mistake by overlapping designs and couldn't man up to say "whoops, one track mind."

Whether or not that's true (and I'm not saying I don't believe that) if Riot gives that as their reasoning, then they might as well follow through with any skins after the fact, too, you know?

Personally I'm still hoping for Pool Cleaner Jax from the new Ziggs skin's splash art. He could have a pool net weapon!

wicked55

09-14-2012

not his best skin jaximus for life

DeathBySky

09-14-2012

He doesn't actually have real weapons. The axe in the Jaximus skin is probably rubber and bought from a toy store

BallScent

09-14-2012

cool another jax skin. I think you should make teemo a skin next.

Yuan Shikai

09-14-2012

All the people who complain about Jax skins having weapons should remember that Riot has already stated several times: SKINS ARE NOT CANON.

Taylion

09-14-2012

I like purple, and I love Jax, but... meh. I'm going to pass on this one.

Also since people seam confused about the weapon/non-weapon thing maybe Riot should specify that yes, skins can bypass lore. Whether or not that should be is up for debate.

I think he should have a skin appropriate lamp each time that he doesn't specifically have some other non-weapon (like Angler/Pax/Mighty Jax)

xvenomousplaguex

09-14-2012

new jax looks awesome

warfighter101

09-14-2012

oh god he has a real wapeon....NURF THIS SKIN!!!!!!!

scRuubN

09-14-2012

Bad Ass!