What should be done?

Remove Qss from the game 2 20.00%
Remove suppression removal from Qss 7 70.00%
Make Malz's ult a burst(lower Ap ratio) 1 10.00%
Make his ult some what like morg. 2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

QSS & Malz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beleth69

09-14-2012

okay so me and my friend we decided to have some fun in a custom (proving grounds) and i picked malz and he picked brand so i was beating him in every possible manner. My friend who was playing brand was used to play malz before but he quit playing him 'cause of QSS so i asked him is it that bad he said why not test it yourself right now, so in the end i was wining over him and have a lot more cs and AP i have a Rabadon's Deathcap ROA sorc shoes kage's and a giant's belt and he had dfg rylay's and sorc shoes. So 1v1 he could not beat me so then he said okay now let me buy QSS and show you why i quit playing malz, he bought it and we went up against each other and as soon as i combo him Q>W>E>R + ignite
he used Qss as soon as i ulted and then he combos me and kills me instead.....So is it just me and him that feel that Qss completely wrecks Malz i mean more than half of his damage is gone by the Qss and no one is stupid enough to stand on the null zone...What do you guys think? and i heard that they were thinking of removing the suppression removal from the Qss, is that true? Also take a poll.

The Blue Jelly

09-14-2012

Needs a "I like turtles" option, because all of the other options suck.

Anyways.
QSS is a powerful item, and while it does remove the suppression (note: it DOES NOT remove the tether, they still have to break that themselves when it comes to Malz's ult. Morg's ult's tether *is* broken, on the other hand), you just made them buy a QSS. You know what QSS does? Eats a slot and provides an active with a *little* MR. You know what QSS doesn't do? Provide good stats.

And you know what else?
You can ult someone who doesn't have a QSS.

What? All 5 of their team bought a QSS? Mission Fkin' Accomplished, they all dedicated one of their 5 slots (boots are required) to countering *just* you. Give yourself a pat on the back, you're doing it right.

You can also chain CC one person, make them blow their QSS early, and then ult that guy.

TLDR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

Beleth69

09-14-2012

so what do you suggest in the laning phase?

The Blue Jelly

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleth69 View Post
so what do you suggest in the laning phase?
They bought a QSS in the laning phase?

Dude.

Either gank the side lanes, freefarm because they do no damage at all, or gank the sidelanes. Laning phase the MR alone from QSS is shutting you down, not the CC removal.

Vuther

09-14-2012

I kinda feel like there is one problem with Malzahar - that he personally cannot deal with his E being removed by QSS. He needs to ult to use his pool decently, and he needs to E to use his voidling decently. Allied slows can help him with the pool, but Malzahar has no recourse for commanding his voidling aside from autoattacking as a mage with an average autoattack range that you probably won't want to use in teamfights. If they allowed you to at least command the voidling to attack a target without using E (I guess through the standard means of Alt+right-click), Malzahar could ult someone with the expectation that they'll QSS it, and then E them right after so he won't be quite as hard-countered by the item.

Awfully Beast

09-14-2012

There is a reason why malz is not played in high elo or tourney. He is a fun champ to play and a champ that can be countered providing you want to spend the money for the QQS. Play a different champ or get over it.

BarbecueRibs

09-15-2012

Dont rely on ult. His q and e deal great damage (I think both 300 , 320 base respectively and both have an 0.8 ratio, in addition to longest aoe silence in game and a free refresh if his e target dies)

Late game 1 tick of pool does ~12% max hp, and its fairly easy to use if your teammates have a little cc.

KobaltKode

09-15-2012

Separate his ultimate! Make it two different effects and have him only channel the damage. The suppression should be QSSable, but the damage should not. This would fix a lot of his problems. As for his E, all dots are considered a debuff. You can remove any in the game the same way, incuding Darius' bleed stacks. This should stay the same. People don't complain about the fact that you can QSS Poppy's ult away, the reason being that it doesn't rob her of her consistent damage sources.

BlackOps

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

wheres the "most likely a BR" choice, for wanting to buff morde

JohntheMage

09-15-2012

If you want accurate/fair polling, should include a "Don't change anything" option. (btw, that's my choice).

If someone is forced to buy QSS to counter you then they have one less slot to buy other more versatile defensive items with. Also, don't target people with QSS (unless it's on cd >.<).