Look Awesome, Plays Fail... Who's That Champion!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elanorien

09-14-2012

I really hope the Riot folks read this, because she does indeed need some work.

GiottoXIII

09-14-2012

agreed its still a bit early judge but here's two possible routes to buff her...
1) buff all her ratios making her a high risk high reward champ
2) buff her cd's making her mechanics easier to combo and chain together so that ap scaling wont matter... these are but two of the options however there are many other ways imo ....

xXL3PR3CH4UNXx

09-14-2012

or maybe you're not supposed to kill people solo and get ganks from junglers and harash your lane opponent stop asking for buffs when you dont even know how to play a champion yet

GiottoXIII

09-14-2012

when the whole concept of being able to hold and sustain middle lane and being able to operate solo in teh laning phase is thrown out... then what do we have as a champ? yeah certain champs dont lane as well as others but in syndra's current state she can barely lane at all with her high mana cost/ and high cd for her core skill D.Sphere... I understand the concept for asking for ganks but when using a champ is so dependent on have a 2v1 situation then the champion is not really viable anymore... having great utility doesn offset having trouble on your own ( aside from supports) something that syndra was never designed for considering her damaging skill set...

NiGhtMaRiK

09-14-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...Dark_Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthaingo View Post
She's actually crazy powerful if you're skilled enough to play her. To answer your questions about her stun; the stun mechanic works like all of the other knock-back mechanics in game, you just have to aim your orbs or have a bunch of them so you're less likely to miss.

I haven't had a chance to play her myself but the games I've been in where she is being played well, she pretty much carried the entire team. I'm not exactly great at her style of play anyways, so even if I did get to play her I'd probably botch it hardcore too. It might be just us that can't play her, lol.
She DOES NOT do alot of dmg. As the person below has so kindly stated. I've lost all but 1 game with her. I'll speak more on that later. But id like to bring this up, because i have decent experience playing her. I've also built her various ways. I also played her extensively in PBE. Her Q pre lvl 9 Does 1/10th of enemy health. Try it if u dont believe me. Her W does 2/10ths to 3-4/10ths depending on its level and your AP. Pre 6 it does about 2/10ths. E virtually does no dmg, its lvl 1 until ur lvl 10. Thats 70 base dmg and .4 scaling (so maybe 12 extra lvl 1-9). Cooldown for W is 12, for E is 18. So until u lvl them or buy CD u barely can use these abilities and even when u do W cost is 60-70, E is flat 50. Q is 50-90. (these are lvls 1-9 values). Syndra's starting Mana is 300 i believe on wikia. 700 at rank 9. Regen is 8.2 - 13.6.

Not only does Syndra barely do dmg when u hit some1, but you HAVE to hit them!
Her Q has smaller AoE than karthus and shorter cast range. W takes time to pick up the sphere/minion and that time ur opponent has plenty of time to react. The actual throw takes like .5 of a second aswell so you have to lead it. However most people run when u pick something up, and U R NOT fast enough to catch them. Also once u use it, ur a sitting duck. Q does low dmg and hard to land, E has high cooldown and barely does dmg. W's cooldown lvl 1-9 is 12-11 seconds. Giving the enemy 1-2 spell rotations on you unless u play safe nearly out of experience range.

Her Stun requires precise casting of the orb, then being in a str8 line of it to send it forward towards enemies, or slight knowledge of pool. The orb follows the line you sent of from the wave. So shooting the wave forward when the orb is to the left of you, sends it diagonally left. To me where the orb goes isnt hard. I know perfectly well HOW to stun people. Its the fact i have to try and bait them to sandwich and orb between us, or i have to cast one in their move path and wave in a str8 line from it. Which is difficult because of cast time of orb. Its better to orb closer to you, then wave out. Trying to hit them with the orb before stun is asking to miss the stun.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

A lot of people don't understand this so I may as well throw this in here. If you use her ult, the 3 orbs around her will be scattered around the ground and any other orbs will be refreshed. You can use her E on them to your advantage and get a big AoE stun out of it. It's still vastly inferior to Veigar's stun though.

NiGhtMaRiK

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJLx MCHammer View Post
I just fought 4 consecutive games against Syndra as Cass. Although, I didn't use her, I can tell you this, she hits very hard. In fact, she hits incredible hard if built right.

Each game we started with Boots X3 Pots. Then we all went to 2X Doran. And again, we took the same path as Unholy Grail, and Abyssal Scepter. I noticed that they did use a lot of mana, but each user had mana pots till they got 2x doran. After that, they went into Athene's unholy Grail. After this, we both were spamming are QWE constantly.

Personally, I've fought her nearly every game I played. Did I beat her, yes, mostly; but obviously it's only the second day of her release. It will take time to built her, and use her correctly. I personally find her a very good mid character because she has a enormous range on her stun which is good when u traveling Top and Bot.

She like Cass seems to be quite squishy because even with 100+ resist, she gets killed quick with 4x E from Cass.

again, her Ult hits very hard. I believe in the first game, she took over 60% of my HP (late game) after she stunned me

Give her a week or two, people will show you how dangerous she gets. I personally think by mid-late game, she can easily carry a team with damage if there is a smart initiator/ tank. So in conclusion, she is probably semi-OP by a good player, otherwise, mediocre
You were probably afraid of her or her jungler and let her do stuff. I guarantee, if you use ur W, then q her, then E>E>E>E before level 6....SHE CANT DO ANYTHING TO YOU! Her moves are so weak, she'll die. When she runs, cuz she will...Then farm, when she tries to farm, W and she'll run immeadiately. She cant do anything. Ward to not get ganked. Levels 6 and up. If she gets and orb or two out, beware of her ult, it will do about 40-60% of your life. But its a pretty close range ult. Unless she's been playing safe or getting jungle help, u should have way more farm and better items. She should barely hurt you. Lead with W, Q,E>E> See what she does. If she goes to pick up a minion or orb. You can follow her running slanted and keep E'ing, or you can just walk away. Pretty sure she barely has life now, so u could even ult her back then E>ignite to kill. Even if she ults u, u'll have 4-2 bars left if not more and can pop a pot and farm. If she intiates on you, The Q barely did dmg, walk sideways, if she picks something up, Ult her...She dies before the ult is over. If not throw down ur W while she's stunned, E till its over and ignite, run towards her slanted and E. If she's not dead, there is something ur doing wrong.

If the Syndra's u played were doing well, its cuz you let them. You Respected them. She's not to be respected. Just beware her junglers.

And her long range stun barely matters going top and bot. It would take her a year to get either place and god forbid she got caught by a jungler on the way. And to cast a Q then fire it off at a moving target that not fleeing you but just doing erratic farming movement...lol Thank the goddess if you land it.

I can assure you, she doesnt carry a team with dmg, its with CC. And Even that requires a good team.

NiGhtMaRiK

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeiitgeist View Post
Athene's Holy Grail + Rod of Ages

Higher mana pool
Higher mana regen
Lower Cooldowns
etc.

Also, this is a QQ thread, you lost all your games but 1 since you bought her, therefore she's up? look at what you buy first, study the champ, High Skill Cap = High Rewards
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/203991#history
Athene's 2950
RoA 3035
Ionian boots 1050 / Sorc 1100

If i could start with these items, it would be magical. However you have to farm them. That requires killing minions or champions.

Syndra can farm, at great costs to her mana. Mana regen runes, and early meki pendant help. Even with this mana, she still deals no dmg. But i digress.

So I farm up 1350 i believe for catalyst, i still deal no dmg and am slightly harder to kill due to health. ive spent 1700 gold cuz i must have boots by this point. Ive spent 2175 if i started dorans. 1805 if boots and pots. Gotta farm up 860 for blasting wand and another 850 i believe to complete RoA. so 1710 maybe closer to 1800 for pots...wait..Wards need those..so another 1900 roughly. So to farm this first item RoA I need 1900. So either im getting kills, which i assure you is not easy with Syndra. Or im farming. Even with Catalyst i have to level to get the regen, and a round of her skills takes 1/4th-1/3rd of your mana. You wont even wave clear, u'll clear the casters or melee minions then have to auto the rest, or Q again which ur surely used 1/3rd if u didnt before. Take note that while ur doing this, ur not safe. W is her longest range skill, Q is about 450-500? E is laughably short. So your in casting range of most mages while farming. And if you use W in your farming, if the mid is smart they will harass you. Q does barely any dmg till lvl 9 and W has 11secs to cool. Your E wont do anything, even if u land stun, thats 1.5 sec. So you still have 9 sec on W cooling. They can harass you for 1/3rd of your life if not more. Unless you run. If you do that then they push u out of experience and farm range.

In other words, Farming this intial 4500-5000 gold is immensely difficult vs aggressive lane opponents that know how to fight you. Not certain mages...no.. Players that know, no matter who they have, when ur W is down, ur useless. You NEED jungler to help with ganks and put a threat to mid so they wont attempt to walk all over you. So they think, i can harass this far but i wont go past mid cuz i may get ganked. This takes a collaborative effort of sight wards or oracles aswell, otherwise buying wards will counter your junglers threat. This is the only way you can farm relatively safely,

TL/DR

Syndra to farm those items is incredibly difficult without jungler support because she is such a push over and CANNOT control the lane. She can only hope to farm. And That translates into the enemy controlling the lane and inevitably will have More farm than you and will be ahead of you all laning phase.

Also, since you so kindly brought up my match history. You can assume i was the issue in those games. Easy enough, plus it proves your point you want to make. Although if you've played this game long enough you know that its a team game, and that when your team fails, often you do aswell.

Starting from the first match after Yorick, i can tell you how Syndra CAN NOT lane vs Gragas.

The Next, how Orianna takes offense to Syndra being called Ori 2.0 and smacks your face with her Ball, showing you how her cooldowns make sense, how she has a shield, how she controls her lane, how her auto attacks matter, how he slow doesnt require an elaborate animation and doesnt have a such an alert to the enemies. How her mana is now in a good place and she doesn't lose it all casting 3 skills. How her ult doesn't require that she uses her Q 4 times previous. How her Ball doesnt expire. Easy win orianna.

The Next game i had a stupid team, didnt even have AD carry. I Duo laned top with a mundo vs GP. Kat got stupid fed. All i did was Ult +E to keep the team stunned during her ult. Beside that free win, carried. And we should of lost with our comp.

The Next Diana never connected. 4v5, First time Renekton on my team, and a Morde that didnt know how to use the character. i went 2 and 5 vs a kayle, and got ganked often due to 4v5.

The Next, 5-10-7 i was top vs Xin, cuz i called mid and selected. But Gragas was a ****** and went mid. He was 3-8-7 and was awful. Most of my deaths came from Shyvana ganking top and Xin jumping on me during the gank since she kept pinging for me to initiate and she didnt have the dmg to down him. Or me going to help mid and gragas leaving me to die as i tried to save him with a stun. He was tower diving anivia at lvl 7. Our bot lane really lost it for us though feeding teemo and dying repeatedly trying to take bot tower for 33 minutes. We got two towers all match and im the one who got them, alone. The teemo was 19 kills in the first time i ever saw him. So tell me how i did so bad and thats why we lost.

The Next Mirror match mid, we were going back and forth until her jungler ganked once, and kept giving her blue. Then she did more dmg and could stay in lane longer. She roamed and cleaned up bot alot. Leaving me to use a third of my mana to push the waves to mid lane. We ultimately lost to a Sion mirror match top where our Sion was the inferior and Their Sion would roam our jungles and 3v1 us, or just show up in our lane, stun, two shot. AD Sion with phantom and IE. Our Sion had Phantom and Thornmail.
P.S. i had your beloved RoA and Chalice this game

Next game 4-9-1, i was doing great mid vs Ahri. I even would 2v1 Ahri and Wu when he ganked. However i had to go back alot, not for health but mana. And The only reason i could 2v1 is cuz they were both bad. Ahri was just bad in general. Wu rushed wriggles and no boots, so even i could out run him. I burned flash a few times. And Id stun him with Q>E other times. This match i saw Syndra's ult does ALOT of dmg.... if ur opponent dives you under ur turret Lost this match to fed Bot lane Nasus o.0 ???? How the fuq. And Varus who had phantom and IE by minute 15.

So believe me or not....take my losses with the champ as proof i dont know how to play her or that i suck in general. Every1 has their opinion. I know what happened.

Pick her, play her....come back and share in our pain.

NiGhtMaRiK

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Someone is angry and doesn't know how to play a high skill cap champ