So much Syndra QQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

09-13-2012

I actually enjoyed playing Ori while she was gimp. Still like her.

I currently love my Viktor.

I loved Cassiopeia back when everyone hated on her all the time and you never saw her.

Point being, I like high difficulty champions, but only if they give a worthwhile reward. Syndra just... doesn't have any reward at all. Unique mechanics are only cool if they aren't on a champion that totally sucks in almost every conceivable way.

FossaFerox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Landing the stun with Q E is incredibly unreliable. It is without doubt the most difficult skill shot to land in the entire game.

Her teamfight presence is decent, but nothing compared to quite a few other mages who also have much stronger laning phases, mid games, and ganking potential.

She's pretty much just a crappy version of Veigar.

Orbv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

I lost to a Syndra in lane just now as Malz because I wasn't entirely sure how people would understand how to combo with her yet. But when late game came, even Malzahar had more team fight presence, and he isn't even supposed to be a teamfight mage...she needs a little help.

Dex Luger451

09-13-2012

Riot gotta stop trolling us with bad champions.

blissless

09-14-2012

i have to second everything radiant coriolis said... i mained ori back when she'd been nerfed into oblivion and had probably the worst mana issues in the game (y'all who have a constant 50 on her Q are spoiled, let me tell you. what i would've given to have that back then!).

i still like viktor and think he's a fantastic hero with some sick underrated burst, even a hard counter to a lot of mobility comps if he's built properly (his W is at best a deployable AoE stun, at worst an AoE slow, what's not to like?).

syndra, i really don't know about. she gets compared to ori a lot but ori is a million times more intuitive, and scales a lot harder (and i'm talking about old ori with the 0.4 ratios). AP on orianna is never wasted; for all her utility she's still a burst mage at heart and once fed she's extremely scary. she has a good laning phase, a god-like end game, no real mechanical bugs and she rewards creative thinking and team play.

with syndra, her ratios are so poor and she has so little innate defense (none, other than her E basically) that i can't justify rushing rabadon's the way i would with either of those.

it's still much too early to give anything more than a vague guess of a verdict, but there must be some sort of build style, or team comp or way of playing that brings out syndra's potential that i don't know of yet. the best experience i've had so far is building her as a CDR tank, which is a lot of fun once it gets going but if i'm being honest with myself there are dozens of heroes who'd do the same much better. you end up being a kind of offtanky mage support who relies on her team to do the real damage, which is a little odd for someone with a theme like syndra's (i mean just check out those ability names).

there are also some mechanical glitches (especially with E) that make playing her probably the most difficult experience in the game, that maxed-out bar wasn't kidding. i must be honest, i think she was rushed out too early and she's suffered for it, and it's quite sad because i get the feeling riot was legitimately proud of her, and wanted to bring something new to the engine that it just wasn't prepared for.

Uberlort

09-14-2012

"The point of this thread wasn't to say she doesn't have problems, but that with just a few minor buffs she'll be back on par with many other AP mids. "
I definitely agree with this, however I still think she'll be too easily dodge unless the fix her E at close range( stun doesn't always detect as balls aren't always shot) and make her Q/W a bit quicker, as well as a minor buff to the damage of the Q/W/E. I think minor buffs all around would make her a good champion without being too strong to counter.

aznboi201

09-14-2012

In a way, her kit is somewhat similar to brand. Her Q is almost like brands W except less radius, less dmg, and easy to dodge cause of the small radius, Her E + Q is like brands E or W + Q except less reliant. So all im trying to say is...she does **** dmg with everything except her ult, maybe, what i dont like about syndras ult is the balls hit sequentially and not all at once, ive had so many times where ive died and i see 3 balls still trying to hit the target.

im gonna refer to my brand vs syndra scenario again, if syndra gets off the stun, Q again, and then ults, she takes maybe 60-75% of the enemy's health, if brand EQ's you, then W, and ult...you dead, even if youre not dead and walk away with 2% health, you dead with the passive. id like to point out this is all observation from maining brand as my mid and playing a few games of syndra.

Fac3Value

09-14-2012

Thank you OP. I +1'd the hell out of this thread. Its good to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Syndra is alright. She just takes skill. Riot releases a champ that takes time and commitment to master, and the player base explodes with QQ'ing. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! why cant i pwn some noobs with this?" Please. I personally want to thank Riot for releasing a champ that isn't brokenly overpowered on release for once. Great job, guys.

I personally really like Syndra. She's unique and will take time to master. I can't just slap my keyboard like I'm a circus seal and expect kills. For those of you with mana issues (which I only have very early game BTW), may I suggest building a RoA after the chalice but before Deathcap. You can have mana regen out the ass, but with a low mana pool you're still going to run out. Plus, RoA gives you some early game health so Syndra isn't so squishy until you build the Ryalis'.

Awfully Beast

09-14-2012

Get good at the game kids and quit qq'ing everytime riot gets you to spend money on them then cry about it bc it isnt op enough for you!!!

GiottoXIII

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtParts1337 View Post
Thank you OP. I +1'd the hell out of this thread. Its good to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Syndra is alright. She just takes skill. Riot releases a champ that takes time and commitment to master, and the player base explodes with QQ'ing. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! why cant i pwn some noobs with this?" Please. I personally want to thank Riot for releasing a champ that isn't brokenly overpowered on release for once. Great job, guys.

I personally really like Syndra. She's unique and will take time to master. I can't just slap my keyboard like I'm a circus seal and expect kills. For those of you with mana issues (which I only have very early game BTW), may I suggest building a RoA after the chalice but before Deathcap. You can have mana regen out the ass, but with a low mana pool you're still going to run out. Plus, RoA gives you some early game health so Syndra isn't so squishy until you build the Ryalis'.
Uniqueness shouldn't be subsituted with poor execution .... many ppl in PBE have been playing syndra for over a week now.... to say there are ppl who are unskilled with her is like slapping them in the face... even they say syndra has her issues.. Yeah she's not supposed to be some crazy easy burst mage i agree but that doesn mean that her attacks should only Tickle an ADC/APC for the amount of mana they cost and CD they're set on... I mean i can literally do more damage with karthus's lay waste then i can with syndra's D.Sphere... I love Syndra's concept but she needed to be released with a better sense of how well the champ functioned based on her kit ... i can literally run circles around syndra with an ahri... and that being after ahri took some nerfs... ahri is still a strong character and she has great presence all around i'd say her skill cap is fairly high maybe not syndra or ori high but still up there amongst the ap casters