Clones + Sunfire Damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Sunfire Capes no longer deal damage when held by a clone.

Okay, so it was indeed needed due to it 1 - Being rather powerful indeed and 2 - Not what Hallucinates concious intentions were. I actually enjoyed playing Shaco with sunfire capes because it was great fun, (usually Shaco with a bloodrazor, a GA, and some sunfires and perhaps a Banshees) but still...

So i'd like to point you to a thread i made on the subject, in the Champion Feedback section, regarding some changes that should now be made, due to the changes over the past couple of months with Shaco and clones:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=3022282

Thank you for your time

Tipzntrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Ugh. Shaco was already gone from the list of high tier heroes and this was just the nail in the coffin. Personally, I see no reason for this.

Arcane Azmadi

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipzntrix View Post
Ugh. Shaco was already gone from the list of high tier heroes and this was just the nail in the coffin. Personally, I see no reason for this.
Because it was a cheap-ass, skill-deficient exploit of an oversight in the game design, perhaps?

Learn to play rather than just stacking items and waiting for your enemies to drop dead.

Kaeoz

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Because it was a cheap-ass, skill-deficient exploit of an oversight in the game design, perhaps?

Learn to play rather than just stacking items and waiting for your enemies to drop dead.
So it was a skill-deficient for Tristana to stack damage....? and to get twice the amount of DPS just by hitting Q? Not to mention Tristana's skill isn't an ultimate and has 5x less CD.

Lost Redemption

09-21-2010

This community wont be happy until shaco is being nerfed to jax tier (If u guys were here b4 jax was nerfed to oblivion everyday u get threads about ZOMG JAX NEEDS MAOR NERF)

Notmiefault

09-21-2010

I think the point here was that it was never intended to work that way; it was simply an oversight that they are just now correcting. Some strategies, like black cleaver on warwick, is definately cheap but intentional. Riot meant for things to work that way. Not true for sunfire capes on clones.

Insanious

Recruiter

09-21-2010

no more sunfire damage after killing a sunfire stacking garen as mord and getting his clone T.T

Kaeoz

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmiefault View Post
I think the point here was that it was never intended to work that way; it was simply an oversight that they are just now correcting. Some strategies, like black cleaver on warwick, is definately cheap but intentional. Riot meant for things to work that way. Not true for sunfire capes on clones.
Lol.... when the skill says "clone uses all items shaco has, except active ones" it was freaking intended to be that way.

Tipzntrix

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post

I have used Shaco and have stopped using him, and never once stacked Sunfires. At most, I'd get one. Stacking wasn't really the optimal build, but just getting the double from sunfire game him some synergy with a survivability item. Now what's he got? A Banshee's Veil? Aegis?

Maybe it ws an oversight, but when it says that Shaco's clones should be getting the effect of items, I figure that creating these exceptions (Cape, GA) makes the game harder to learn and that this strategy wasn't even very powerful to begin with.

I mean, you can dual Bloodrazors, wit's end, sword of the divine, etc. Seems like they meant to say "on-hit effects" as opposed to all item effects, because there are only a few left that aren't on-hit effects.