Server Status Unavailable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrition

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

Often when opening the League of Legends Launcher, I receive the Amumu face and the text, "Unavailable -- Are you connected to the Interent?"

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Double-click on the "Play League of Legends" icon on my desktop, which is a shortcut for "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe".
2. Launcher appears. Bug: under "Server Status", "News", and "Community", I see spinning circle icons.
3. Bug: after a few seconds of this, the circles disappear, and I see the following underneath the "Server Status" section:

Unavailable
Are you connected to the Interent?

The "Play" button remains grayed out, and I am unable to continue.

Additional Notes:
-Yes, the misspelling of "Internet" is correct.
-This seems to happen roughly 30% of the time.
-If I close and reopen the launcher, the problem is usually fixed. However, sometimes after the bug does NOT occur, if I close and reopen, I will get the bug again.
-Entering the "Konami Code" replaces the "Unavailable" status with the usual "Online" status. This makes the bug minor for me, but it is a more serious bug for the average user, who may not know that they can reopen to work around the issue.

Illidan1337

11-16-2009

i have the exact same problem but for me it happens 100% of time lol any fix?

Warrition

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

Wow, every single time? That could be something different. Are you sure you're connected to the interent? :P

You can try the following steps:
1. Open the launcher
2. Click anywhere inside the launcher window
3. Press the following arrow keys, in sequence: "Up Down Left Right Up Up Down Down".
4. The text should change to "Online", and you should be able to click "Play".

This is not a joke; try it and see. If you're not able to connect to the patching server at all, though, you may have more issues after this.

Tienvar

11-16-2009

I've had this problem for a while now (server unavailable 100% of the time). I've been using the super secret code to play, and while funny it's still a little annoying. I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't fix it.

Illidan1337

11-18-2009

yeah it works meng its f'n weird though this game worked fine on my other computer thats sooooo ****ty pardon my french it couldnt even display the graphics rite i dont understand why it wont work on my good pc

GOODdaySIR

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tienvar View Post
I've had this problem for a while now (server unavailable 100% of the time). I've been using the super secret code to play, and while funny it's still a little annoying. I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't fix it.
Likely some typpe of java error.

Flippin Bear God

10-06-2010

They recetnly removed the arrow combination/changed it this sucks for user like me whose comps r stupid and say that the servers are unavaible 100% of the time......Im connected the internet for sure and the key code was the only way i could get online to play.....now i cant

Khalahn

10-06-2010

Try disabling the Windows firewall. It's blocking the ports required for LoL to connect, and I don't recall the exact ports LoL uses atm.