So... What do you think of the skin? Do you like it?

Yes! I'd get it~ 1,258 58.59%
I don't play Draven, but it's well done! 686 31.95%
It's a pretty sweet concept. 135 6.29%
Nah. 68 3.17%
Voters: 2147. You may not vote on this poll

Firedancer Draven (Completed)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bearzerker

09-15-2012

I love the design, but regarding the axes, I think going the the lit torch/staff thing would fit in a more aesthetic sense, if i'm making any sense here.

http://santabarbara.amsentertainment...jpg?1323844139

Forest

09-16-2012

This skin is a lot different than most. Very creative and well done. Instant buy!

Spookypatrol

09-16-2012

ohmai, thanks so much everyone! I certainly didn't expect to sign on and see so much attention for the skin :3 Well if we all really want to push for this we've got to find a way to keep the thread nice and active, so I infinitely appreciate all the comments~

Also, @UncleGwano: Yeah, I actually did try that route originally with the staffs, but the mechanic of his Q wouldn't make any sense that way. It would be an awkward animation for the staff to have to fold and such to function as an inactive Q (so when the blades are closed while he isn't currently spinning an axe) so instead I used a Samoan fire knife idea as an inspiration for the way the blades would be lit and took the idea of a staff and applied it to a rotational mechanic that would suit both the skin and Draven and took the happy middle - a Poleaxe.

Belenus7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Bump

HealingGod

09-16-2012

Yeah Riot you said he was a personality based champion and his personality is suppose to make you feel like you rule the game when you play him. Draven jungling fire while you throw it at your enemies would be amazing and if you don't feel powerful while your holding fire I don't know what else would make you feel like the biggest person in the world more then this skin.

Hopefully I worded that good enough lol.

Spookypatrol

09-16-2012

@HealingGod: Yeah, no worries, I get what you're saying And yeah, knowing how he's based on a personality, I do try my best to make sure I keep his personality intact in all of the art I do of his, especially skin ideas. So I'm glad a lot of you guys seem to agree I succeeded

Kanon Azai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

simply? AMAZING! Riot make dis

moogle890

09-16-2012

I'd love for this skin to be made official. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Dravenitis

09-17-2012

Do you ever cease to make amazing Draven pictures? =p

(Though I suppose it fits my name change well.)

Spookypatrol

09-17-2012

@Dravenitis: For starters, lovin' the name And haha, thanks! In reality, I'm *slowly* improving on drawing him every time I do, so I guess if they're already good, they can theoretically only get better :P

Also! Here's a treat for those of you who read more than just my first post I decided to get some realism practice in (even though it came out more like semi-realism since I'm bad at realism, hence why I'm practicing, lol) so I did a quicksketch of Draven in a realistic style. Well, it was supposed to be a quicksketch, but then I went back and edited it so many times it ended up taking just over an hour, heh.

Attachment 527743