Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

any MALPHITE USERS here?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theou Aegis

09-22-2010

AP Malph is as viable as Armor Malph. Of course, if you see an enemy team full of physical champs (WW, Yi, Jax, Xin and especially Twitch and Teemo -- yeah they deal magic damage but most rely on attack speed), pile on the armor. If you're going up against a lot of magicians, pile on the AP instead. Like the one guy said, Malph is VERY flexible.

malphismia

09-22-2010

if only ground slam scaled with AP (like gragas body slam scales with 2 different things and also debuffs), AP would be viable

but if u go AP, u end up with like 1 ap ability, and ur ult on 2 minute cooldown, its like AP sivir, without the big nuke

M4nTiCoR3

09-22-2010

A lot can be said for grabbing a little AP on Malphite. I personally dont have much of a tatse for it, but late game if you really want to spike your burst damage combo a void staff is a great way to break chumps that think MR will save them from your wrath. It makes your Ult near 500 AoE damage, and paired with BS-->GS-->SS you can pull off some pretty decent damage with +40% magic pen if you grabbed the 15% pen mastery in offesnive tree.

Going with too much is a gimp though, his skills just dont offer enough returns to justify it. I have been experimenting with Sroc boots early for added harrsssment form shard and groundslam with mixed results, but i'm not convienced yet.

Eppa

09-22-2010

Jungle Malph is quite quick about the speed on Udyr.

I go cloth armor
boots1
Tank item
boots2
Tank item
Tank item
Support Item

Most game at least.

GhostDieM

09-22-2010

I have a basic build which has worked very good for me so far:

Boots + (mana) pots

Randuin’s
Merc/Tabi
Atma’s
Aegis
GA

Thought I haven't tried GA since the nerf so don't know if that is still viable. And if the enemy is very AP heavy you could switch Randuin's for Banshee's though I find he works best against AD champs anyway.
With this build you can really lay on the damage early to mid game and go more of a tank/initiating role late game.

SciencePrime

09-22-2010

Malphite was my main for awhile. I built him tanky so I could take advantage of his passive (which is based on max health) and also so I could do some solid damage with E (which is based on armor), which helps in farming and also syncs well with his ult.

Doran's Shield, boots, heart of gold, sunfire, convert heart into randuins, banshee's veil (if MR needed).

Here is my combo: initiate with your R (usually catch 2, sometimes 3 or 4 if I'm lucky or they're stupid and bunch), IMMEDIATELY hit E so you hit all the guys you caught in your ult, then Q the closest squishy you caught so they are slowed, and hit W and wack away along with your teammates. This happens all within 2 seconds and is very effective from a team fight perspective, but also a damage burst if you have the armor. And with the added health and boost it gives to your passive, you'll have the survivability to get away with doing it.

M4nTiCoR3

09-22-2010

Quote:

And with the added health and boost it gives to your passive, you'll have the survivability to get away with doing it.

Sometimes, but only if your team fully engages and puts pressure on them not to focus you down. In premades this is great when you have a team that knows your playstyle and is oppertunistic. In solo que pubs...its a **** shoot. If only part of your team, or worse none of your team, jumps on the opening you made, you will die, and die quickly, no matter how much survivability you are boasting.

While i fully endorese the strat above in a proper premade with good support...i find it suicide more often than not in pubs. Malphite isnt a very popular champ, and you dont see him a lot, even on free weeks. This means lots of players may not be aware of or fully understand your initiation potential. Make sure you communicate with your team via chat and pings before you ult into a team fight...or you just might regret it.