dr mundo jungle is dangerous?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Wis

09-13-2012

I plan to jungle with dr mundo, but he uses hp for skills, so doesn't that make him really easy to be counter jungled or killed by the likes of shyvana,etc? how do I protect myself and my jungle (counter counter-jungle)?

Garaze

09-13-2012

Err....

The Wis

09-13-2012

err..? what's that suppose to mean? i'm not trolling or anything. since mundo is free right now, i tried jungling with him, and during my first run he was pretty low on hp which made me think he's vulnerable to counter jungling junglers

TeknoWizard

09-13-2012

Well, pre-6 he is prone to invades. However, most people are reluctant to invade a Dr. Mundo, due to the fact that there won't be anything to steal, since he clears freakishly fast, and he also will be able to kite amazingly with his cleavers, and they will probably die if the laners actually help. Post-6, not at all. His damage will be too high, and as a jungler, you're not going to be able to kill an ulting Mundo.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Well, pre-6 he is prone to invades. However, most people are reluctant to invade a Dr. Mundo, due to the fact that there won't be anything to steal, since he clears freakishly fast, and he also will be able to kite amazingly with his cleavers, and they will probably die if the laners actually help. Post-6, not at all. His damage will be too high, and as a jungler, you're not going to be able to kill an ulting Mundo.
/give cookie

The Wis

09-13-2012

Quote:
ohhh ok. that helped. thanks! I was really low on hp on my first clear, but maybe i guess that's cuz i don't have runes for him

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Nah, I have a decent jungle page and I finish my first clear very low too. Mundo burns health to use his abilities in addition to the damage he takes from camps(but armor runes don't mitigate his ability cost), and you won't have your ult to heal it back till 6, so that's just how it goes.

The Wis

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Nah, I have a decent jungle page and I finish my first clear very low too. Mundo burns health to use his abilities in addition to the damage he takes from camps(but armor runes don't mitigate his ability cost), and you won't have your ult to heal it back till 6, so that's just how it goes.
i see.. but if someone timed it, and decide to invade/w8 for u at ur last camp and try to kill u while u r low, do u just try to kite them with ur cleaver and ask for help?

Aikimiller

09-14-2012

It doesn't matter WHO you're jungling with- if you're invaded on the best response is to ping for your team to come help you. 2v1 or 3v1 is always better odds- even if you think you can take them. Particularly in case their team is paying attention and comes to help the invader, your team needs to know what's going on.

And as far as clearing safety- any jungler without inherent sustain is going to be low during their first clear. If you're worried about the invade, cloth+5x pots is the way to start, and check the brushes before you start big camps (particularly at red, because it's easy to hide there and wait till the person has agro before engaging or smite-stealing).

Cenerae

09-14-2012

Mundo gets fairly low, but if you have a standard jungle page and you're using Burning Agony properly, it's actually not as bad as you think. He simply plows through camps so quickly that he doesn't even take much damage from most of them.

It's not nearly as awkward as jungling someone like Olaf, at any rate.