The 2 biggest problems with the Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raolin Fenix

09-13-2012

If people rage at you and you retaliate, you get reported for verbal abuse and offensive language. If people rage at you and you don't retaliate -- that is, if you mute them all before your self-defense instinct kicks in too much -- you get reported for not communicating with the team. And you sure as hell won't have anything in your chatlog to back you up.

Moonthrower

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raolin Fenix View Post
If people rage at you and you retaliate, you get reported for verbal abuse and offensive language. If people rage at you and you don't retaliate -- that is, if you mute them all before your self-defense instinct kicks in too much -- you get reported for not communicating with the team. And you sure as hell won't have anything in your chatlog to back you up.
Again, load of crud. You don't get reported for "failure to communicate" by ignoring the troll/flamer/arse on your team and listening to the other 3...

Nyotaimori

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raolin Fenix View Post
And you sure as hell won't have anything in your chatlog to back you up.
Aside from the other players' chat that made you ignore them in the first place...?

Nyotaimori

09-13-2012

At the OP: It's human nature to do alot of basic kill or be killed negatives that we're expected to not do. It's called self control, if you lack it, it's your fault.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-13-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clishop View Post
Again, it is human nature to defend oneself. 90% of the people in this game don't have it in them, literally, to just ignore people.
If this were true, then 90% of players would be in the Tribunal; however, only about 1% of players are in the Tribunal...

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Just say... I'm ignoring XX because you are being too offensive.

Do it... that way if he reports you for failure to communicate the people in the tribunal will see this and pardon.

DannyTanner

09-13-2012

I remember when I smoked crack.

Shyhalu

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
1. Riot commented on this just yesterday. As those players almost always have their own Tribunal cases underway, this would be reduntant and add little or no value to the system. Though yes, it would be more satisfying as a voter to feel like you can make sure they get theirs.

2. This is called the Pardon button.
They also said we don't need to be told why we were reported.

Redundancy is good, riot is just incompetent.

xXTaggXx

09-13-2012

I need a someone to help me.... I think i found a bug.... http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post29234266

Sorry for the random interuption....

Shyhalu

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If this were true, then 90% of players would be in the Tribunal; however, only about 1% of players are in the Tribunal...
Awesome, glad to know you managed to rule out any imperfections of your system and the fact that people don't report those who need to be reported, like said OP.

Its a good thing I DONT get trolls and trash talkers every other game....oh wait.

Its either no chat or a troll.