Syndra Discussion Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
And what, are you guys casting spells every second? I never have mana issues after Athene's.
so u admit to mana issues before athenes?

the problem with building her tanky is that u dont provide any utility by surviving. i compare it to building tanky rengar. sure u could do it but what r u going to do in fights? terrible dmg and stun/slow every 10 seconds? not really useful imo.

when u look at orianna, u can clearly see utility in her kit. she has shields, movement speed buffs, displacement, slows, and dmg. if u build her tanky, u can still contribute to the team. u surviving in a fight is still helpful, perhaps even moreso than if u were pure dmg. with syndra, i think she only needs enough survivability to get her full combo off.

Argodis

09-13-2012

She does have mana problems early game. Some type of mana item is absolutely necessary.

A simple chalice gets me through most situations as long as there are no crazy extended team fights. Relics definitely help.

I personally never try and utilize the full damage of her ult. It requires too much setup if you don't have around 30% or more CDR. Placing 2 orbs is sufficient damage for your ult.

I don't like tanky builds on Syndra, but then again, I don't like tanky builds on any of the AP champs I play so I guess my opinion is useless on that matter. I find that Syndra is most effective when she has Mpen and CDR.

The Fizznity

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
so u admit to mana issues before athenes?

the problem with building her tanky is that u dont provide any utility by surviving. i compare it to building tanky rengar. sure u could do it but what r u going to do in fights? terrible dmg and stun/slow every 10 seconds? not really useful imo.

when u look at orianna, u can clearly see utility in her kit. she has shields, movement speed buffs, displacement, slows, and dmg. if u build her tanky, u can still contribute to the team. u surviving in a fight is still helpful, perhaps even moreso than if u were pure dmg. with syndra, i think she only needs enough survivability to get her full combo off.
And syndra has a knockback, stun, and wide AoE slow. That isn't clear utility?

Also, I don't remember your posts being this illegible. my eyes

HaIfhearted

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
when u look at orianna, u can clearly see utility in her kit. she has shields, movement speed buffs, displacement, slows, and dmg.
Remove the "dmg" and we're good to go.
Ori does very little in the way of actual damage.

Secretnir

09-13-2012

Every game I've played today with a Syndra on my team has been a loss. 100% so far.

She appears to be someone who will be a decent SR laner, but I think she's a **** duellist.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

She's super fun to play although i've played just 3 sr games (i knowi know Dominion forums, i'm just not fond of trying out new champs at the scar, Specially high skill cap mages, ) of her and i only had mana problems in the last one onnly because there was once of those annoyingly over agressive Darius that try to get ignite+Kill at level 1 and then repeat the same tactic at level 2 i was spamming my abilities just to get him away of my allied Akali and ran out of mana soon, even without mana i could burst Darius down, on the other two games i never faced mana problems, i dont run mana runes either so it could be the utility mastery, imho if you dont run OOm as her on Sr then you wont just run oom at the scar even with the fast paced nature.

i'll also stick around with my theory that Brand just outclasses her in Dominion since her burst is way too ulti reliant and since it's an individual count ,Magic resist reduces the sphere damage separately, just a little of Mr shuts her down fast and hard, even aVayne with a Hexdrinker got me from doing 70%+ from he rhealth with my ultimate to something around ·30-35% of her health.

Her disruption also isn't controllled, is like playing Pool since your abilities dont interact directly with the cast and many times when i try to use an R+E combo i find the balls going through gaps between the opponnents and not hitting anyone

DiscworldDeath

09-14-2012

Infirc, your MR comment makes no sense.

Suppose I deal 100 damage to you and you reduce it by 30%, then I deal 70%
Suppose instead I deal 10 damage to you 10 times, and you reduce it by 30%? The same thing.

The only things that can do what you mentioned are flat damage reduction post resistances, and the mastery reducing it by 2 flat per sphere even if it happens won't do what you described.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

i think shes a low damage over complicated worthless champion in dominion

Sakuri Ono

09-14-2012

I've played a few Dominion games with her; and right now I don't think (unless you're doing pre-made draft) that you're going to be able to get a good feel on her until that 'new champion smell' wears off. Right now she's suffering from a serious case of 'OMG; new champion, everyone focus her down first!'

In general I think she has fun potential but she has two critical problems right out the gate that combo nastily.

-She's way too slow.
-She lacks a proper escape. (The stun is unreliable. Even with good aiming there's too much potential for a juke if your opponent knows it's coming.)

About the only way to make her useful early game is to rush your upgraded boots right away. Otherwise she's both too slow to properly withdraw from fights and has a hard time getting to nodes in time to make a difference. I've yet to try any glass cannon builds (I lean more for semi-tanky builds); but so far I'm finding her to be in that uncomfortable place where she doesn't have enough power to 'kill' but hardly enough sustain to take much focusing. (Each game I've played I wind up getting a ton of assists with very few kills.)

I'll give her about a week's worth of practice before I make any final judgements; but so far I'm leaning towards adding her to my list of Champions not good to play in solo queue Dominion. (I think a lot of her potential will also depend on how well your team works as a unit. Without any cohesion she's not a good choice.)

AlinĂ¡

09-14-2012

I have been playing around with her as an AP bruiser and it seems to be pretty effective. Her high base damage ult and cc skills are what made me think of playing her this way. The build I have been messing with uses Athene's (I consider this a necessity), DFG, and RoA for my AP items and Randuin's + Banshee's for my defensive items. I pick up boots as the situation warrants. This build lets you maintain great burst damage by making the 6 orb ult easy and the 7 orb ult possible(not to mention DFG), it also has 2 gp5 items in the build order as well as catalyst and chalice.

Does anyone else have ideas for a tanky Syndra build? This is the best I have come up with.