Do YOU prefer Dominion to games on SR? Why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hinderlopen

09-16-2012

There are 2+ viable and strong builds for every champion.

Dominion is much more based on tactics and strategy than SR.

Always retreating from close fights will make you lose the game.

Vision and movement/positioning are much more powerful than in SR.

Dominion strongly favors aggressive play.

Dominion does not revolve around gold gain.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

dont like the current farming meta in SR
Ive played SR during the poking meta the healing meta the aoe meta the tanky derp meta ... but this farm meta .. if i wanted to farm for 20 mins i'd play wow

jakeoti

09-17-2012

Balance: It feels as if Dominion has a far better balance between the two teams (note: this is NOT saying that all champs are balanced on Dominion). For example, SR suffers from a snowball effect; if the game is at 6-0 kills, it can pretty much be gg already. The team with 6 kills most likely has more gold and experience, which means that they're going to win the next fight, which means they're going to get more gold/experience, which means they're just going to keep rolling. While it is possible for a team in SR to make a comeback with well placed strategy, the odds are greatly in the one team's favor. On Dominion, the constant experience, increased gold, and the fact that you can stop them from damaging your Nexus by holding 2 points and merely neutralizing one of theirs gives you a better chance at comeback. Also, this doesn't necessarily favor the team that's down. They still do have to make effort for this.

Pacing: You come back faster, build items faster, fight faster. It's basically a faster game, and I feel that that is more satisfying than the laning phase in SR and the periods where you have to be extra careful about your positioning and getting caught out of position for one second can ruin everything. It just feels more intense.

Aesthetics: I just like the mining set up more than the forest.

Personal: I work a lot. If it's 2:00 and I need to leave at 3:00, I won't play an SR game, because with queuing, loading, and the game itself, it could be an hour of my time. Dominion, I can start a game and be done with it with time to spare, potentially even ending the game at 2:20, allowing me to get in another game. And, on that note...

Forgiveness: You play a 20-minute Dom game and lose. Sad face, click the Play Again button. Play SR for an hour and lose...well... that feels like you wasted a whole lot of time. Losing a shorter SR game can feel even more so, because if you lost in under a half-hour, usually it means that the enemy team just snowballed from the start and the game really wasn't that fun.

67chrome

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
Do YOU prefer Dominion to games on SR? Why?
Yes.

It's faster-paced so I can learn what works and what doesn't faster. It's more forgiving so doing stupid things early doesn't throw the game, allowing me to potentially apply what I learned in the same game I pick up on it. It's more team-fight orientated, so I can figure out how to team fight much more rapidly. And it's pretty hard to tell which team is going to win until one of the teams wins, when you're loosing teamfights you can back-cap all day and split the enemy apart. It's also rare to put up with 5 vs. 5 fights, so playing single-target champions feels more viable.

Also, you don't have to spend 20 minutes farming.

GrignardTS

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishsong214 View Post
Personal: I work a lot. If it's 2:00 and I need to leave at 3:00, I won't play an SR game, because with queuing, loading, and the game itself, it could be an hour of my time. Dominion, I can start a game and be done with it with time to spare, potentially even ending the game at 2:20, allowing me to get in another game. And, on that note...

Forgiveness: You play a 20-minute Dom game and lose. Sad face, click the Play Again button. Play SR for an hour and lose...well... that feels like you wasted a whole lot of time. Losing a shorter SR game can feel even more so, because if you lost in under a half-hour, usually it means that the enemy team just snowballed from the start and the game really wasn't that fun.
These two for me.

Both modes are fun, but sometimes in SR that last 1/2 people just won't click surrender. 1:20 games? No thanks.

The Supreme Dirt

09-17-2012

Dominion is a lot more fun. You can shrug off a loss in Dominion. Oh okay, we'll do better next game.

The people who play generally seem to be nicer too. Sure you get the one or two people every 10 games or so that rage because they came from SR and maybe read a guide or two and know how to play Dominion perfectly, but for the most part playing is pleasant. I've also had really lol team comps that worked, because there's so much room to work with. Sure there's champs like Jayce, but eh, for the most part Dominion is much faster paced and a lot more fun.

Plus I get to have an actual build as a support.

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

no horribly boring laning phase. 'nuff said.

Duskofdead

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkyjinx View Post
no horribly boring laning phase. 'nuff said.
That's the hardest part about alternating between the two modes for me. SR is like a solid 15 minutes minimum of having nothing and being able to do almost nothing.

mikkozak

09-18-2012

I prefer it because on SR it seems that whoever's Darius is more fed wins.

byobsoad2

09-18-2012

I like it more because it's shorter, and the only times when I'm not really involved are when I'm dead. I love the pacing compared to SR, and it feels like a different game every time.