Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do YOU prefer Dominion to games on SR? Why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shukarhazh

09-13-2012

Dominion hardly ever snowballs, feeding can actually help your team (by baiting 2-3 enemies to chase you and leave a point vulnerable), there's far less raging, the meta isn't HURRDURR YOU DO THIS OR LOSE, and laning consists of the logical: pushing minions and pwning the other champion without getting pwned yourself. And you can fight immediately, instead of being pushed away thanks to an oppressive turret.

Finally, Teemo roaming shrooms causes so many problems it's hilarious.

Secretnir

09-13-2012

Quote:
Imclueless:
Just a simple question. Do you prefer Dominion? If so, why?

I ask because of something my friend said to me today:

"I think I'm disenfranchised with rift for a bit
at least in dominion, if you're getting fisted or a random DEEMS that you're getting fisted, it's over in 15 minutes"

So, I thought I'd ask why the regulars in the Dominion forum play it and see what they think. I'm gonna go ahead and guess it's not for the reason I quoted :P

Yes because if a Dominion game is obviously over, it's going to end soon. Every game that's a visible, painful loss in SR drags out for 40 minutes because the winning team decides to just have fun farming your jungle and finishing their builds before casually traipsing in to finish the win-- while spamming "u mad?" in /all, usually.

Infirc

09-13-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=29214488#post29214488

Please read :3, it's a wall of text but when i write a wall of text i try to tell it as a tale just to easen up the reading , it's also very light worded, so that people can enjoy the narrative . i don't care if you downvote or call me a crybaby just read, i like sharing stories

A Slime Appears

09-13-2012

My girlfriend wanted to play LoL and I agreed to play with her since it was very similar to DotA. She ended up liking Dominion more because she found the first 20 minutes of SR boring and if you are losing you are losing and that's that (generally). I've gotten into it as well. Much more fun and as others have said before, much less snowbally and if either team is steamrolling the game ends in ten minutes, instead of waiting 20 minutes just to be able to surrender, hoping at least 4 of the 5 actually want to. I find it a much more enjoyable experience overall.

Prandine

09-13-2012

I prefer dominion because I find it much more enjoyable than summoner's rift (I rarely play twisted treeline because I prefer fighting against the AI and tt doesn't have that option sadly). Usually in dominion if one person's afk and it's a 4v5, if you have a good game going and good teammates you can usually win despite the disadvantage.

In one of my matches this week, it was a 3v4 as 2 of our players were afk the whole match as well as the enemy wukong bot (strangely enough, he still bought items but never left the summoner platform). Even though we lost, we did have a point where it seemed like were gonna win.

I think cs places more emphasis on teamwork than sr does, as even if you get off to a bad start like I'm sure everyone has at times, if you're able to recover and/or have good teammates, then you can usually still pull out a win.

A little off-topic, but whenever I'm trying out a new champion, I usually do a custom cs game, as I can see all the abilities quicker than I can on sr.

naotasan

09-13-2012

Once you understand the Dominion game mechanics it becomes insanely fun. Summoners Rift has its own unique features that make it fun in it's own way, while Dominion has it's own unique features too.

What makes Dominion fun for me is those features.

For example, I always thought the first 15 minutes of Summoners Rift games were mundane and boring. Slay minions to win or else you fall behind. I can last hit, that's not the problem, but I'm playing League for the PvP aspect of the game, not creep farming. Dominion skips that whole step and gets you right into fast paced action.

The other main thing that really gets me going about Dominion is the fact that if your whole team dies near the end, it's not an instant GG. In SR, if the majority of your team dies it's pretty much game over, where in Dominion it's never over until theres zero points left. I've come back from games where they were up a good 400 points but we came back to win it. I love the back and forth there.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but those two are the biggest selling points for me.

Magus Shado

09-14-2012

Quote:
Ed the Undying:
Dominion hardly ever snowballs, feeding can actually help your team (by baiting 2-3 enemies to chase you and leave a point vulnerable), there's far less raging, the meta isn't HURRDURR YOU DO THIS OR LOSE, and laning consists of the logical: pushing minions and pwning the other champion without getting pwned yourself. And you can fight immediately, instead of being pushed away thanks to an oppressive turret.

Finally, Teemo roaming shrooms causes so many problems it's hilarious.

Hellz Yea! really fun with the hextech sweeper shrooms :P up yours you wannabe stealthy bastids!

(on an offnote, hextech sweeper works with singed smoke too)

Infirc

09-14-2012

Here, something that showcases a comeback , which is one of the best things of Dominion, the teams have a chance to fight to the end instead of roflstomping or being roflstomped by a a fed enemy champion. , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d50uBDrTXMw&list=UU_5kIjJINZ6NsTxAAhcdkVA&index=1&feature=plcp

one thing: My video recorder doesn't record my voice like ever, and it still remains a mystery to me only today i discovered the thing could also be used to take in game pictures, track jungle timers, and connect to skype, xfire facebook, teamspeak and being an overall navigator well, the point is that that's not my voice, that's a friend's voice.

Reikken

09-16-2012

pacing

and, barring a leaver, things never get quite as one-sided

Joymus

09-16-2012

I prefer it because the community is more relaxed. You don't have the people that have the "mid or I feed" mentality. Less of that I'm better than everyone else and I gotta carry everything mentality. You get a bunch of people who want to just have a good fun game and its all relaxed. If you do get a rager you don't have to deal with them for 20-50 mins like you do playing SR.

Been playing ARAM more though Dom queues are so long and Aram offers the same short game concept while for the most part maintaining a better community over SR