Convince me Teemo isn't a terrible champion...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conopolyman

09-13-2012

To preface, I have never played Teemo.

I have several friends who swear by Teemo, and seem to think that he is the ultimate counter to like, half of top lane.

I, on the other hand, smile and fist pump when I see a Teemo on the other team, because I know it's a free win.

I feel like his only use is for his blind, and he gets free wards from himself. There is nothing apart from these that any champion can't do infinitely better.

The only champ I feel like Teemo counters is Tryndamere... Any champion that does significant damage with abilities will absolutely dominate Teemo....

Late game, Teemo just melts. hardly contributes a thing to a team fight.

AP Teemo is a gimmick I feel, if you can't lure the other team into a field of shrooms, it's like you are playing 4v5.

Please explain how people think this champion is worth choosing.

BK Ambientz

09-13-2012

Because he's mainly only played in normals. And in normals, 90% of people don't care for other opinions, and will instalock whatever they like regardless of your opinions.

Conopolyman

09-13-2012

I see it in ranked too, but that didn't really answer my question haha.

mnun

09-13-2012

He's a viable counter pick solo top ap/as hybrid. If people are getting destroyed as teemo then they aren't playng him right. He counters most solo tops, including darius, malph, trynd. He's not as bad as people say he is and i dont even play him

BK Ambientz

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conopolyman View Post
Please explain how people think this champion is worth choosing.
I answered your question. People think he is good due to free wards and won't listen to your opinion on why he isnt. Thats why he gets chosen.

He is indeed good one on one, but in a team fight he brings little.

Conopolyman

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnun View Post
He's a viable counter pick solo top ap/as hybrid. If people are getting destroyed as teemo then they aren't playng him right. He counters most solo tops, including darius, malph, trynd. He's not as bad as people say he is and i dont even play him
I don't see how he could counter Darius, Darius does so much damage with spells, + his hemmorage, he should dominate Teemo. Malph does a lot of spell damage as well.

People pick Teemo against Riven too, but I always beat Teemo as Riven. I just don't understand it.

If Teemo can't blind it, he gets wrecked.

Paltala

09-13-2012

Why teemo can be good?

Three different potential builds.
Regular AD Carry
Pure AP build (rabadons, rylais etc)
AP Attack speed (Malady, Wits End, Nashors Tooth, RageBlade + 2 of choice)

The final build can often melt a tank, stacked with the poison you should have an attack speed of 2.0+, ap about 200 and ad around 150. As you reduce their magic resist. You do more damage via the poison. Enjoy.

Conopolyman

09-13-2012

Paltala, thank you for a good response. Unforunately, as a regular AD carry, he is hardly better than Caitlyn. No point in playing teemo when you can play Corki for an ad carry. Pure AP, as I said, is a gimmick.

AP attack speed seems like it is slightly viable, but I'm talking about in lane phase mostly. Teemo should lose to just about anything that does a decent amount of spell damage.

Any champion with a full build is strong, it's getting there that's the problem.

Xentorx

09-13-2012

Shrooms are free wards for everyone especially late game, I have place shrroms (as top) from the river bush in a line all the way to bluebuff, watched people just hit everysingle one, and even got a triple kill from it. He is way more viable then you think, and if you were riven, i would toast you I haventl lost to a riven yet.

BK Ambientz

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentorx View Post
Shrooms are free wards for everyone especially late game, I have place shrroms (as top) from the river bush in a line all the way to bluebuff, watched people just hit everysingle one, and even got a triple kill from it. He is way more viable then you think, and if you were riven, i would toast you I haventl lost to a riven yet.
I don't know if you'd toast anyone looking at your most recent teemo game.