No more IP rewards for Tribunal cases?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nesyaj

09-13-2012

I feel like this was a really bad call Riot.
I understand people probably took advantage of the IP system somehow, but taking it off completely just took away many player's incentive for doing the Tribunal.
You got a say in whether or not a particular player should be on the game, and if you chose wisely you got a very small reward.

I really do like the Tribunal system. It's great to feel like you have a say in who stays and goes in the community, but the fact that there's a timer on every case (I mention this because several cases are quickly open and shut), and there are up to ten cases you can do, it takes up quite a bit of time...

I took every case I read on the Tribunal seriously, yet the reason I was there was because I was being rewarded for contributing to helping make a better community.

Removing the IP reward from Tribunal cases almost feels like you don't take our opinions as seriously anymore. ...Or maybe it's just the opposite?

That being said I'll probably still use the Tribunal to get bad players off of the game and to see how the new Justice Review and Hall of Justice features work... but I still think you should replace some sort of IP reward in the future. I read the article on Surrender@20 so I know this is still experimental, but I don't know who thought it was a good idea in the first place.

To people that don't know what I'm referring to, there's an article on Surrender @ 20. I'm a day late so this may be old news but still.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/09...40507440836203

Oh yeah and can you add something to the Tribunal so we can see if someone got reported in a bot game?
If I ever find out that I'm reviewing an "Intentionally Feeding" case (Or something that's not Offensive Language or Verbal Abuse) and it was a bot game it's usually an insta pardon for me...

Nesyaj

09-13-2012

I'm only bumping because I don't want this thread to be dropped under the first page because people whine about getting banned.

doktoramazing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

I thought the announcement said they were giving more ip for people if they got a "streak" or w.e

The Popes Face

09-14-2012

Well... the main reason I do the tribunal is now gone. I mainly do it for the extra IP while I que for games.
I think I reach a very fair judgement each time. In every case I review all the games and read all the logs. I understand that some people abuse the tribunal, but there are better ways to fix this issue.

-1 @ riot

Hospy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

A half the reason I do Tribunal is the IP reward, yes, but the other half is for reading the incredible lulz for some of the games and, of course, the satisfaction of keeping the community in line.

I'm sad I'm losing the IP but I'll still be doing the Tribunal.

Magus Crow

09-14-2012

Said it multiple times before: If you are doing tribunal for IP you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Cujomi

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus Crow View Post
Said it multiple times before: If you are doing tribunal for IP you are doing it for the wrong reason.
Pretty much this.

I can't wait to be a high enough level to participate in the tribunal, and the IP reward means nothing. Is it a nice bonus? Yeah, but it also definitely encourages people that aren't actually interested in having a good gaming community to participate.

If you need to be rewarded for trying to create a better gaming environment for yourself, and others, with a very minimal time investment...well...meh.

Exploding Barrel

09-14-2012

It's like saying you're going to stop volunteering for a youth athletics league because they are no longer providing you with free gatorade. It was a miniscule perk and really not the point of volunteering at all.

Dinare

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Pretty much this.

I can't wait to be a high enough level to participate in the tribunal, and the IP reward means nothing. Is it a nice bonus? Yeah, but it also definitely encourages people that aren't actually interested in having a good gaming community to participate.

If you need to be rewarded for trying to create a better gaming environment for yourself, and others, with a very minimal time investment...well...meh.
I'm with you. When I don't think I have enough time to play another LoL game(or when I'm bored of people raging), I will often come here and read the reform cards as if I was actually voting on a case.

Can't wait until I get to lvl 30 and judge for real.

Magus Crow

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinare View Post
I'm with you. When I don't think I have enough time to play another LoL game(or when I'm bored of people raging), I will often come here and read the reform cards as if I was actually voting on a case.

Can't wait until I get to lvl 30 and judge for real.
20 sir.