Who counters Syndra?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by momox12 View Post
I just played against a Syndra bot lane today and pretty much got destroyed. I know she doesn't belong bot but what champs would counter her the best mid? Thanks.
Malzahar is stronger than Syndra in every way and does exactly what she does.

do anything that you would ordinarily do to Malzahar, but enjoy a sandwich at the same time.

Absinthe

09-13-2012

All 100+ other champions counter syndra because she does NOTHING

thunderingice

09-13-2012

anybody with mobility, cc, ap scaling (for team fights) or range.... so more or less all ap carries.

notFREEfood

09-13-2012

Don't get too close to her. Her ranges are rather short so I think poking her down would be effective.

50mm3r

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by notFREEfood View Post
Don't get too close to her. Her ranges are rather short so I think poking her down would be effective.
haha you funny

only her E is short and if you can aim your spheres, its as long as her other spells.

thunderingice

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mm3r View Post
haha you funny

only her E is short and if you can aim your spheres, its as long as her other spells.
compared to other characters with a similar style q (kass and cass) her q is pretty short. her ult is very short and her w takes too long to get off between the two animations so i dont really count it.

notFREEfood

09-13-2012

If diana's q can be easily dodged then syndra's q is even easier. As others have pointed out her movespeed is actually kinda slow so you can actually dip inside her q/w range to poke her then get out. Her only way to hit you from outside her q range is with her e which is easy to dodge if you pay attention.

Glaxko

09-14-2012

As it is, I can play Syndra relatively well. I can navigate her spells very confidence.
I can say that, as a Syndra player, I haven't yet come against a foe that has beaten me, for I grab boots first, and 3 pots, 2 of health, and one of mana. Next I get Chalice, ensuring i can use my spells more often. CD, and mana regen is what makes Syndra scary.

With that in mind, a good player in general will be able to anticipate an enemies movement. Someone mentioned that mobility counters Syndra. That is true, but laning vs a post 6 ahri I was able to take her out with ease using my stun, flash, q and ult.

It all comes down to skill. I've gone as Mordekaiser vs Annie (Mord wins that 95% of the time) and lost, and I've gone up against Brands (Brand can seriously destroy Mord), and won almost every time.

It all comes down to player skill. Naturally, certain champs counter each other, but at the end of the day, its Player vs Player.

n0 h0n0r 4 u

09-14-2012

i feel like talon would be a good counter to her

Dejir

09-14-2012

I must be using her wrong, I keep winning my lane. Syndra outfarms most Talons though she doesnt do much early game to anyone. Just dont let her farm.