Du Couteau Summer Home (Riven B-day) (Closed RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fortune

09-15-2012

"...don't worry, girl, I'll keep Eve's hired men busy." Sarah said, giving Eve a smirk. "I feel for you, all birthdays do is remind you how old you are. But you're still young. Get up, you~."

Ask Riven

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Bot View Post
Evelynn momentarily looked just as upset as Riven did. The Noxian exile didn't particularly like Evelynn, and though Evelynn spent an awful lot of time around her, it was mostly because she enjoyed tormenting her. But she didn't want to make her cry, for pity's sake.

Thankfully, it seemed to be tears of joy, and Evelynn's fanged pout turned upward. "You're welcome, Riven. Man, if you react this emotionally to just the first part of a surprise party, you're going to wet yourself when the gigolo I hired jumps out of the cake." Evelynn felt glowers of disappointment around her and she immediately threw her arms out and raised her voice. "What?! I don't care if she's a shut in, she has needs too, dammit!"
Riven said nothing, but a single amber eye glanced up from behind snowy bangs, brimming with ire through fresh tears. It sent a pretty clear message that the blue-skinned assassin had better be joking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Lux's heart sank at Riven's reaction. This was the first time she had tried to meet and speak to Riven, and this was not the response she was hoping for! Would this sour Riven's views on Lux from this point forward? First impressions were everything! And beyond that, to see a person cry like this, Lux just had to do something.

She got down on her hands and knees in front of Riven, face full of concern. She reached out to touch Riven, but thought against it, and retracted her hand.

"We're sorry, we didn't mean to startle you." She said quietly. "We're just here to celebrate your special day~."
A shaky sigh emanated from Riven as she mumbled a reply to Lux's concerned comment.

"I...I know... But, you didn't have to do this... There's...nothing special about this day..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Katarina did not expect this reaction... though she should have.

Bending down infront of Riven, she looked at all the guests for a moment then at the other Noxian. "Happy birthday, Riven." She spoke softly, placing a hand on Riven's shoulder. "I don't know why, but I felt I had to do SOMETHING for you. You're too much of a shut in as it is... I'm... s.... so... sorrr.."

Growling, Katarina could not bring herself to say that word. "Enjoy yourelf some, alright?"
As Riven finished speaking to Lux and felt Katarina's touch on her shoulder, she pulled away. As thankful as she was that they had done this for her for seemingly no real reason, Katarina had hurt her trust. She knew how hard these sorts of situations were for her, she had told her so herself. Regardless of her opinion, couldn't she have at least respected Riven's feelings and just kept true to her word? A simple birthday dinner would have sufficed. She didn't have to do this... The embarrassment of having a breakdown in front of everyone was hot on her cheeks, even as she wiped them clean of tears.

"I'll try... It is the least I could do, since you went to so much trouble..."

There was a hint of something in Riven's tone. It was faint, clearly restrained, but Katarina might be able to make it out as bitterness... Though she was thankful that she had tried to do something special for her birthday, as meaningless as it was, the fact that she had done it like this, by betraying their tentative trust was something that stuck with Riven. At the moment, she wasn't exactly sure how she felt about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana crouched down beside Katarina and hissed into her ear.

"I fixed your picture. Say it." She whispered, and stood up again. She just loosely crossed her arms, giving Riven a kind look.
Riven's eyes met Shyvana's for a moment in greeting, before she returned to trying to gather herself. Even if she was uncomfortable and embarrassed, it was her party, and it wouldn't be enjoyable for anyone else if she simply sat on the floor the whole time...

Heil Teemo

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Riven said nothing, but a single amber eye glanced up from behind snowy bangs, brimming with ire through fresh tears. It sent a pretty clear message that the blue-skinned assassin had better be joking...
"Aheh..." Evelynn smiled innocently and cleared her throat, hoping to change the subject. "So! How about we open presents first?" Evelynn offered Riven a hand, seeking to hoist her back to her feet. "You've received gifts before, yes?"

Dear Luxanna

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
A shaky sigh emanated from Riven as she mumbled a reply to Lux's concerned comment.

"I...I know... But, you didn't have to do this... There's...nothing special about this day..."
"Nonsense!" Lux protested, settling on her knees in front of Riven. "Today was the day that hope for a brighter Noxus was born, and her name is Riven." And she concluded that statement with a bright smile.

Lux got to her feet, right in front of Riven.

"Now, yoouu..." Lux said, wiping her hand on her clothes before offering it to Riven. "...get up~!"

Ask Fortune

09-15-2012

Quote:
"Aheh..." Evelynn smiled innocently and cleared her throat, hoping to change the subject. "So! How about we open presents first?" Evelynn offered Riven a hand, seeking to hoist her back to her feet. "You've received gifts before, yes?"
"Presents?" Sarah asked, surprised. "Kat said not to bring anything..."

Cursing the situation, Sarah considered what she could give Riven. Then, it hit her. She had three things of value on her right now. And since she was not going to part with Shock and Awe... Sarah grabbed her hat, and plopped it on Riven's head.

"For you." Sarah said, with a grin.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

((Sorry for ooc, but I was thinking of a different 3...high school curses the mind.))

Ask Talon

09-15-2012

Talon blinked when Riven curled up and began crying in front of everyone, "Things just became much more awkward than I had anticipated."

Ask Riven

09-15-2012

Quote:
"...Of course." She looked a little frustrated, not really wishing to take Evelynn's hand. After all, she had no idea where they had been... Especially considering her blue-skinned assassin's reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
"Nonsense!" Lux protested, settling on her knees in front of Riven. "Today was the day that hope for a brighter Noxus was born, and her name is Riven." And she concluded that statement with a bright smile.

Lux got to her feet, right in front of Riven.

"Now, yoouu..." Lux said, wiping her hand on her clothes before offering it to Riven. "...get up~!"
Riven took Lux's hand and lifted herself up off the ground, wiping her eyes, a faint smile on her face.

"...You're too kind, Lux."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
"Presents?" Sarah asked, surprised. "Kat said not to bring anything..."

Cursing the situation, Sarah considered what she could give Riven. Then, it hit her. She had three things of value on her right now. And since she was not going to part with Shock and Awe... Sarah grabbed her hat, and plopped it on Riven's head.

"For you." Sarah said, with a grin.
Riven blinked. "Hats are not my style...but I suppose I could borrow it...for the sake of the party." Riven's faint smile continued to stay present upon her face. Perhaps she could make it through as long as nothing intensely embarrassing happened...

Dear Morgana

09-15-2012

Morgana scoffs, but hands Riven a large paper bag.

"Leave her be if she requests it. She doesn't want to be smothered in attention and affection, and neither would I. The bag holds more than you might think, and has all the desserts you'll need for some time."

The Dark Mistress looks utterly bored with the whole affair.

Snowy Poro

09-15-2012

Leona approached Riven, a necklace dangling from her hand, at the end of the necklace, was a golden Sun emblem

"I know this is not much"

She said, holding it the palm of her hand

"But I cannot help but think of you.. here, watch"

Leona crushed the necklace in the palm of her hand.. but, instead of staying broken, it dissolved into Sunlight and reformed anew

"Unbreakable.. just like you"

She then added before giving Riven a hug