Inaugural Pro Player Pick: Dyrus Picks Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taylion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Good first episode

We Are Ty Durden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odaswifteye View Post
Singed is a great champion to play as. But kinda like Rammus you only benefit from playing as him when the team has heavy hitters to make up for the fact that all your moves are passive.

I've seen people do some great solo top work with singed and it can be done but you gotta really know your place with that guy. Lotta players are kill crazy and Singed just doesn't work like that.
I play Singed a lot -- I'm not good enough for ranked by any means, much less tourney play, but Singed can do two things:

1) he can safely solo push a lane somewhat, which constantly distracts the other teams players to push the lane back. This requires getting a feeling for when it's time to boogie so they don't gank you -- but allows you to get a lot of CS which makes up for your limited kills. No, he's not yi since he can't tear at a turret well, but he does get the minions into the job quite effectively, and THEY will slowly whittle the turret down...

And he's better for this than many others since he's tanky enough that the opposition usually needs two players to do anything but chase him off... there are very few who can hit him solo and actually wipe him out unless they're very well fed in comparison or he's already fairly low when they initiate.

Another thing related to this is that he can enable a turret eater to have a longer time whacking at the turret, while he keeps the enemy minions on their own side of the turret which keeps your minions in action and protecting the turret eater while they tear at the turret. This makes him slightly more vulnerable, but is something you can deal with by careful attention to the map and last known dispositions.

2) Once he gets built somewhat AP (ROA/FOH/Swiftness/Rylais), his poison won't kill but anyone attacking him tends to get whittled down enough that one of the more bursty types can take the opposition down quickly... I've gone in and initiated through a crowd of four or so enemies, and died, but right after that Fiddle popped in with his ulti and got a quad out of it, with no one else dying...

Siejai

09-13-2012

cool video, nice editing, looking forward to more

Whisla

09-13-2012

I lost all respect for Dyrus after seeing him rage in a game then troll then leave.

Dynoglory

Recruiter

09-13-2012

My name is dyrus and my voice lacks the ability to change pitch at all.

Map Awareness

Recruiter

09-13-2012

Next episode: OddOne picks Ezreal.

Seethman

09-13-2012

I really liked this!

More, please!

DARK P3RF3CTION

09-13-2012

Why no wai hello thar! It was your time to shine dyrus

AbandonThread

09-13-2012

Finally, some Singed popularity!

EclipseStriker

09-13-2012

''my favorite champion is singed but i never play him''