Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vladamir-Ap or Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyCranium

Recruiter

09-21-2010

Quote:
DaGhost:
My Basic math was that 475 gives me 180hp and 19 ap while 435 gave me 40 hp and 20 ap.

Your basic math is bad, perhaps you should retake grade school math. A ruby crystal will get you 180 HP and 7.2 AP, I don't know where you are getting 19 from.

If you build pure AP, you will still get boatloads of health. However, with no resists, people will still tear through you like butter. With vlad's naturally high health pool, picking up some armor and magic resist go a long way in helping you survive a team fight.

Stacking health to take advantage of his passive has the same problem with having little resists. Doing this will not make you tanky enough and it definitely wont let you deal tons of damage.

Imo, the best way to build him is mostly ap, with a defensive item or two focusing on resists.

Good survivability items for vlad:
Rylai's Crystal Scepter - This item was almost made for vlad. Lots of slows since you don't have any cc except the small slow from your escape ability, and lots of AP and Heath. This will give you 100 AP and 660 HP. This is a great item to rush first if you are not getting a soulstealer.

Abyssal Scepter - Lots of magic resist, AP, and a negative MR aura to make your spells hit harder. You should probably get this every game.

Randuins Omen - Health, boatloads of armor, CDR, and an amazing passive.

Thornmail - cheap source of tons of armor that is very effective with your naturally high health. Good for shutting down those pesky physical carries that are tearing you apart.

Borjoize

09-21-2010

I kind of like a Tanky Vladmir. I try, always, to make the folowing items (in this order)

Rylais
Socerers Boots
Warmog´s
Zhonyas
3 Warmog´s

Each Warmog gives you a total of 1220 Health, plus 49 AP (actualy 48.8) (I´m not counting the ridiculous giant Health Regen)
Rylays wil give you 500 Health 80 AP, plus 20AP and 160 Health
Zhonyas give you 120 AP, Plus 240 Health (I´ll account the 25% last)

In the end you will hav a total of 6380 Health, sincerely LOTS, Even if you are "just a sponge" you are the biggest sponge EVER. And, I don know if the 25% of Zhonyas will stack with his health, if it does, you are an even bigger sponge.
And, you will hav 495 AP (cuz of zhonyas).

I don´t know about you, but 495 AP + 20 magic pen, it´s lots of damage.
And about the money, It very easy to farm after the 1st Warmog, thats pretty cheap.

Ill get here latter cuz a I hav to go now.

ALargeBear

09-21-2010

Quote:
DaGhost:
If he had a mana pool i could see throwing in RoA.

Rod of Ages actually gives him an overall better stat boost when the full passive time has passed (810 HP and 106 AP on maxed RoA vs 710 HP and 100 AP on Rylais). You buy Rylais for the slow.

ChemoshofBones

09-21-2010

imho vlad is best built as a mix between tank and dmg

i run 9/21/0 masteries on him because lets face it 800+ hp at lvl 1 is nice... and you get more ap this way.... ( def tree gives ap from the hp and the skill right before final skill)

item wsie im up in the air... i do mix soem ap and soem hp, like rylais generally a must ... rod of ages aint bad... the lack of utility of the mana is imho inconsequential.

Doobie Keebler

09-21-2010

If everything starts at 0, then...

Rylai + Zhonya = 275ap - 900hp

Warmog + Sunfire = 49ap - 1220hp

Warmog + Rylai = 131ap - 1430hp

I'll take Rylai/Zhonya everytime. Unless of course they are dps/melee heavy, then Rylai and as many sunfires as possible is hilarious.

just sayin'

*edit* Im on my phone right now so my math may be off some. Will verify when I get back somewhere to actually break it down more thorough. For the Zhonya/Ryai I am thinking off the top of my head that 120ap from Zhonya +80 from Rylai + 20ap from Rylai hp = 220ap. Add that to the 25% from Zhonya and you get 275ap. You get 500hp from Rylai + 240hp from Zhonya + 160hp from Rylai's hp = 900hp. I did not add the 55ap from the 25% of Zhonya to the bonus hp because I wouldnt think that applies to the bonus but could be wrong.

DaGhost

09-21-2010

Quote:
CrazyCranium:
Your basic math is bad, perhaps you should retake grade school math. A ruby crystal will get you 180 HP and 7.2 AP, I don't know where you are getting 19 from.

If you build pure AP, you will still get boatloads of health. However, with no resists, people will still tear through you like butter. With vlad's naturally high health pool, picking up some armor and magic resist go a long way in helping you survive a team fight.

Stacking health to take advantage of his passive has the same problem with having little resists. Doing this will not make you tanky enough and it definitely wont let you deal tons of damage.

Imo, the best way to build him is mostly ap, with a defensive item or two focusing on resists.

Good survivability items for vlad:
Rylai's Crystal Scepter - This item was almost made for vlad. Lots of slows since you don't have any cc except the small slow from your escape ability, and lots of AP and Heath. This will give you 100 AP and 660 HP. This is a great item to rush first if you are not getting a soulstealer.

Abyssal Scepter - Lots of magic resist, AP, and a negative MR aura to make your spells hit harder. You should probably get this every game.

Randuins Omen - Health, boatloads of armor, CDR, and an amazing passive.

Thornmail - cheap source of tons of armor that is very effective with your naturally high health. Good for shutting down those pesky physical carries that are tearing you apart.

Yep ur right, dunno where i got the 19 from, although i do remember having 19 ap for some reason? Its probably cause i start with hp quints and such

Eviant

09-21-2010

AP is stronger simply due to the fact that three of his abilities go off of AP. And heres the fun part. Transfusion is on a 3 second cooldown, Tides of Blood is on a 4 second cooldown, and those are the ones that are going to be doing the damage. The Sanguine pool is used for 3 things, and 3 things only (In my Opinion) Escape, slow, and dodging Aggro. You use E, Q, W, E, and Q as you come out of the pool. So seeing that you spam E and Q, those are your biggest damage dealers. And lastly, don't forget, from the Get go of that team fight, Vlad could easily eat through about 30% of his own health just casting off his abilities. 3k=900 Damage, 6k=1800 Damage. Vlad doesn't make a good sponge, plain and simple :P