strats against blitzcrank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nªtion

09-15-2012

i know the normal and easy stuff, stay behind minions to avoid the grab.
his combo is brutal, at any level. he ALWAYS goes bot, as he is an amazing tank with a laning partner, but he is theeeee most aggravating champ to lane against.

blitzcrank is ALWAYS in the bush and ALWAYS shoots into the bush to pull you back against his turret but is there anything else that can be done?
imo the instant he knocks you up, you're dead.

then comes the shield. i've seen games where it seemed like he was nearly dead then his shield filled up his whole life bar... maybe it didn't, but it sure seemed like it...

anybody have any input? it's aggravating to come up against him and i want to improve my game.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

1. Ward in bush = gg, you can auto harass him all day behind minions when that happen

2. See him under turret? HIDE BEHIND YOUR MINIONS.

3. Push the turret down by poking it one after another hit, soon it will fall, and blitz will have to roam.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-15-2012

1. Dodge. Move. Walk around. Zig-zag. Wander aimlessly. Whatever you want to call it, just make it really hard for him to hit you. Usually you'll be able to see him angling to get a rocket grab. Shift accordingly so he can't land it.

2. Ward the brush. If you can see him, you can dodge him better.

3. Don't force him back under his tower. That's where he's most dangerous. Against Blitz, freezing the lane is vital.

4. Remember, he's AP. Once his abilities are blown, he's kinda useless. And with the shield, you probably won't kill him. So, in the event he grabs you, jump his carry. They're the real threat.

5. I don't like Soraka or Sona against Blitz. If you're doing ranked/draft, I wouldn't recommend them if you see Blitz. Leona, Taric, Nunu, and Alistar can all go against Blitz. Janna can as well but you really need to know what you're doing with her.

6. When in doubt, pull your lane back and farm.

Dynamicity

09-15-2012

if it's draft and you see blitz chosen, I strongly suggest sivir. her abilities can block his Pull and can harass him out of the bush

FaerellG

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamicity View Post
if it's draft and you see blitz chosen, I strongly suggest sivir. her abilities can block his Pull and can harass him out of the bush
Slurp his mana like it's lipton iced tea. Now that's refreshing!

Nªtion

09-15-2012

thanks a ton guys, i greatly appreciate it. i'm going to bookmark this to read it more so that it's ingrained into my bones

ThisIsLeer

09-15-2012

Take out the ADC or poke adc back and blitz can't do much by himself.

NzTayzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

He would pause for a second from the charge time of his q , use this to quickly turn/flash to another direction.

Devious Rogue

09-16-2012

Support:
Ali to counter Blitz (albeit at a slight disadvantage)
Leona to toe-to-toe with Blitz

ADC:
Sivir: You need to know Blitz well and pop your shield whenever he grabs
Ezreal: You need to know Blitz exceedingly well and probably have good ward support to Arcane Shift away from his pulls.