I can confirm that standard AD kog'maw DOES work in dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
I'll get back to you on the opinion thing when I see the first AP'Kogmaw appear (and actually work) in high elo since the nerf.
Considering 8mo ago AP Kog was considered troll by the bulk community before being exposed in high ELO SR and nerfed, I have no doubts.

konfetarius

09-13-2012

Quote:
Considering 8mo ago AP Kog was considered troll by the bulk community before being exposed in high ELO SR and nerfed, I have no doubts.
The difference is, I actually saw effective AP Kogs (and played him myself extensively) during the lolwut? phase of his fame.

Orphane

09-13-2012

? Nobody ever said AD kog wasn't effective. Like all other AD carries, he takes some time to get off the ground, by which then it might be too late to deal with bruisers who have near-complete builds.

Wolf Un1t

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
? Nobody ever said AD kog wasn't effective. Like all other AD carries, he takes some time to get off the ground, by which then it might be too late to deal with bruisers who have near-complete builds.
Unfortunately you don't hear how many times I've been told by people that standard AD is bad in dominion

Quincunx

09-13-2012

I'd actually argue that Kog is surprisingly effective at all points in the game. His ult is just broken in the mid-game and his kite potential is always great. And then there's his late game.

Also, I still recommend running AS runes.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Un1t View Post
Unfortunately you don't hear how many times I've been told by people that standard AD is bad in dominion
Keep in mind that most people are idiots, and that you have to translate from LoL speek.

"AD Kog Sux" translates anywhere from:

"AD Kog is perfectly viable, but I feel it is suboptimal"

to

"AD Kog is extremely suboptimal and nothing more than a troll build"

I don't think anyone would argue that AD kog really and truly sucks. In fact, Kog is one of the few/only AD champs that benefits from rushing a PD first instead of IE! That boosts his autoattack speed(synergizes with barrage) and thus damage, plus gives him really nice mobility. The crit is underused early on, but eventually becomes useful.
/Begin Rant: Hey good thing Riot nerfed PD speed huh? I mean, I NEVER EVER see Triforce used for any champ, but PD...everyone rushes it every game. /rant

You can then get IE or Sanguine or whatever and do really well endgame. However, by endgame rolls around the game is very likely decided already. That's why I like AS/onhit. You get the extra toughness from Wits End, Ionic Spark,etc but more importantly, your damage ramps up a lot faster with the more efficient (and AS-heavy) onhit items.

It might be interesting to try a hybrid: Buy 2 Lightbringers to quickly ramp up your AS, provide a bit of AD, then get the PD to IE for lategame power. Dunno. Might work. Recurve bows would work even better, tho theres nothing to really upgrade them into.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
The difference is, I actually saw effective AP Kogs (and played him myself extensively) during the lolwut? phase of his fame.
i hated facing AP Kogmaw, his damage output and range was insane, he was the AP of choice even on the treeline where bruisers are even more important then in the scar at his lolwut phase because he could kill all the gapclosers before something gap-closey happenned, except for the old Jax.

Duskofdead

09-17-2012

I can confirm (thanks to the OP for posting his build) that this build does indeed do quite nicely. With the caveat of course that as with ANY ranged carry, based on team comp you may simply get utterly wrecked if everyone else locked in no-cc squishies. (Happens far too often.) But when you're with a balanced team, this build does indeed work very nicely.