Graphic Card Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flyingferret

09-20-2010

On the recommended system requirements of League of Legends it says that I need a graphic card of 8800 GT or equivalent. I was wondering whether or not my Graphic Card counts as an equivalent. My graphic card is the Geforce 6200 LE Turbo Cache.

Thank you ahead of time.

ItzWarty

09-20-2010

Yours is in a series previous to the 8800GT. You won't get amazing performance out of your card, compared to a newer graphics card. Whether you'll be able to play the game at low settings with a stable framerate, however, is something you'll have to test.

Truckasaurus

09-20-2010

See chart.

gruftwerk

09-20-2010

not equivalent. pretty sure thats an agp card too, the 8800gt is a pci-express and is much stronger.

Zielmann

09-20-2010

Your card is considerably older than the 8800GT, and wouldn't be considered near equivalent.

However, I'm inclined to believe you would still be able to play with that one. For several months back during the LoL beta, I was using a card pretty much equivalent to what you have (if not slightly worse). I put all graphics settings to their lowest settings, and would get 15-20 fps. Not great, but playable if you aren't super picky.

I ended up upgrading my card to a newer budget card. I got an nVidia GT220. I've been able to play on high settings with no shadows and stay around 40 fps or so, sometimes going all the way up to 60. A vast improvement over what I had before, but it's by no means a high-end card still. But it's about all my machine can handle as far as power requirements and all.

@gruftwerk: They made both an AGP and PCI-E version of the 6200 LE

Yobber

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingferret View Post
On the recommended system requirements of League of Legends it says that I need a graphic card of 8800 GT or equivalent. I was wondering whether or not my Graphic Card counts as an equivalent. My graphic card is the Geforce 6200 LE Turbo Cache.

Thank you ahead of time.
I play this game with an intel 64 mb integrated card on a 200 dollar laptop.

25 FPS lock except for the Lolclient.exe lag that just got released.