The problem with AD Carries in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

09-13-2012

There is nothing wrong with ranged AD. The problem is bruisers. If there isn't a Jayce, Jax, Malphite, Irelia, etc on the enemy team, I do fine with AD carries. Sivir and MF are my go to AD Carries when I want a win.

In terms of solo queue, AD Carries that have strong early and/or mid games typically do the best on Dominion. Corki, Ezreal, MF, Graves, and Varus immediately come to mind.

But generally, for the first 15mins or so, having an AD carry on your team puts you at a disadvantage against a team that doesn't have one. However, as the game goes on, especially pass the 20min mark, the odds start to heavily favor the team with the AD Carry.

Nerf bruisers and a few AD casters = Dominion balanced.

MMKH

09-13-2012

Ranged AD carries tend to need to take bot lane and farm until late game IMO. That's how I played AD Corki most of the time.

GrignardTS

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
Ranged AD carries tend to need to take bot lane and farm until late game IMO. That's how I played AD Corki most of the time.
I actually love playing Caitlyn bot. Dat range.

Albert Dakkar

09-13-2012

I have a lot of success as AD carries on Dominion. I play Graves and MF very often with some Corki, Vayne, Ashe and Caitlyn thrown in there. I play them top or bot, either way they are very useful. Only thing is you have to be aware how many people can just get on you easily and just kite, kite, kite. Positioning is really important and preferably you really should have some peel on your team. This will probably come with the common brusier/tank picks anyway. But you cannot beat the pure damage an adc can put out in fights. I think having 1 adc is pretty much essentially except for very specific strategies.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
What do you think about Twitch, Varus, and Sivir?
I talk about champs that we know are good in sr. Those champs are not played in sr at all.
I think they are mediocre in dominion, but it seems they are too in sr, so i think it's an inherent problem of the champs , and not the map, which is what this discussion is about.

Kiddalee

09-13-2012

ADCs have problems in solo queue but coordinated teams protect their carries and can capitalize on their damage.

Kiddalee

09-13-2012

Quote:
Played? You mean it's not working anymore?

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
This is pretty much what I would suggest. A lot of AD carries have good wave clear and can stalemate or even beat other bot laners(I can crush Yorick with Caitlyn fairly easily). The problem i run into is that they are highly susceptible to ganks due to their squishy nature.

Risemix

09-13-2012

Too bad about MF I really love Miss Fortune on CS. I know she's bad, but having the ability to move really really fast and not worry about minions knocking off your passive for the most part feels really nice.

A buff that's often suggested by MF players on GD is her W activating her passive and giving her X guaranteed seconds of the MS bonus again before it can be knocked off. Even if she got that buff though she'd still only have 3 abilities though (her E is just... I don't even know).

GrignardTS

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
The problem i run into is that they are highly susceptible to ganks due to their squishy nature.
Yea, which is what makes them x10 harder to use in solo que. Your team really needs to jump on your pings for help.

Most just ignore then say you fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
I really love Miss Fortune on CS. I know she's bad, but...
She's not bad. Don't let trolls tell you otherwise.

It's funny to camp the fog above Windmill and R them all when they engage on your tower and tanks.