Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

veiger build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jezroth

09-20-2010

still getting used to vieger so open to CONSTRUCTIVE critisism

1.deathfire grasp
2. sorcerers shoes
3. archangels staff
4. hextech gunblade
5. void staff
6. zhonyas ring

its very expensive but in the couple of games I've played with it it hasn't done too bad but takes too long to get it finished, any ideas?

Benalicious

09-20-2010

have fun with veigar. he's so much fun to play.

my veigar build starts out with a meki-pendant for the mana regen that I build into a Tear of the Goddess asap. Veigar can be VERY mana hungry early game, even if you are only last hitting with baleful strike. (which is pretty much all you should be doing). Once you have ToG you can afford to harass with a stun/DM combo to put the fear of god into that pesky Ez whose been annoying you thus far. (did I mention that you should grab mid, if possible?)

Then I build Archangel's staff followed by Zhonyas, with boots thrown in there. After that is pretty situational. Once your DM gets to level 5, you become a farming monster, and you should drop that nuke from God on everything you see to become the most absurdly farmed mage that ever existed. (and you'll have your Archangels staff, so you can afford the mana cost)

Also, you should almost definitely drop Hextech from your build. You'll almost never be auto attacking anything, so the damage and lifesteal are wasted. If you want the spell vamp, build the revolver into a WotA, but honestly you're probably better suited building some survival items. you WILL get focused whenever possible.

Jezroth

09-20-2010

ah fair enough
thanks for the help hmm ok hows this sound?
1. tear of the goddess
2. deathfire grasp
3. sorcerers shoes
4. archangels
5. rod of ages
6. zhonyas

hows that look?

bob000

09-20-2010

That roa is pretty late and with tear you should have enough mana. Go with one of the other high ap items such as abyssal, rylai or move up zhonya

Manomayo

09-20-2010

Good item combo but you should definitely cut the Hex tech gunblade, it just doesn t stack well with you re ability s, the life leach will do nothing as you blow you re burst then run away, spell vamp isn t really a great for life leach either first because it s not as spamable as dps life leach and second you'll usualy be at full heath as you enter a team fihgt blow you re load and the life leach will do nothing. Vigar's greatest defense is his positioning try a Rylai's to slow and reposition you re self fo ryou re next burst or just kite and bate until you re dps finishes them off.

Gunflame

09-20-2010

Here is some advice...

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=253565

one thing is that if you have Archangel staff you dont really need extra mana. So RoA wouldn't be my first choice as HP item

ADGES

Recruiter

09-21-2010

My build:
1. RoA
2. Sorcerers shoes
3. Deathfire
4. Zhonyas
at that point its really whatever seems needed, could go for void staff or archangels, and if not then armor or magic res. I never have much problems with mana as long as you're using mana regen runes.

Kvoth3

09-21-2010

I go

-Tear of the goddess
1 Deathfire grasp
2 Boots
-giant's belt
3 Archangel's staff
4 Rylai's scepter
5 Zhonya's ring
6 -- Don't get here, but it will depend on the enemy team

Uncas

09-21-2010

I also run the same build as ADGES (RoA, Sorc boots, DFG, Zhonyas). I'll usually get catalyst ASAP, then boots of speed, then Kage's pick before finishing RoA or Sorc boots as catalyst and kage's benefit you on their own in the meantime. You'll be able to finish RoA in a timely manner anyway because of Veigar's great farming ability.

Ap, magic pen, HP, and mp/5 runes are ideal. I usually do 9/0/21 mysteries and choose flash + ghost/tp.

TTS Zubat

09-21-2010

meki + 2 health pots
mejais
tear of the goddess
boots
tear > archangels
zhonias ring
stack archangels

looks like this at the end

mejais
boots