Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

looking to buy a ranged carry (6300ip)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minutemade

09-20-2010

Ok, I'm mainly thinking about buying Corki. I just farmed up enough IP to buy him, and i just want to be sure it's a good choice before i actually buy him.

As of right now i mainly play Ashe, and do own Tristana. I am decent with Ashe, but am pretty bad with Tristana. So far I have played Corki for a grand total of 3! times, and I liked him overall. I would've played some more, but the champion rotation changed and i missed my chance. I do know that there are other ranged champions i could look at, but i haven't really played anything besides Ashe so i can't really judge anything.

As for how i build him, i would go AD and i have ar. pen, crit%, and crit dmg marks. Im level 25 in game, so i don't have all my slots filled but the ones that are open are filled. So if i do buy Corki I will be left with around 50 IP, and won't be able to buy runes till i get some more wins.

Taychan Nya

09-20-2010

I'd think Miss Fortune would be a better choice.

wtff

09-20-2010

dude urgot is best choice, you can buy runes for him too with the rest

Aircross

09-20-2010

Ezreal, Tristana, and Kog'Maw are the best ranged carries in the game.

Doughy Breadroll

09-20-2010

Corki if you want to have the time of your life, Kog or Ez if you want to be a tryhard

TheUndeadFish

09-20-2010

Get dpsoraka and save yourself 5850 ip

Lifrathsir

09-20-2010

Corki is an amazing champ, when played right, but he is also one of those champs that rely (heavily imo) on a good team comp and communication. If you duo queue or premade often, Corki is a good choice. Otherwise, I would go for a more "self-reliant" carry like Fortune or Kog.

JohnPetrucci

09-20-2010

Quote:
Yeasty****:
Corki if you want to have the time of your life, Kog or Ez if you want to be a tryhard

this. Corki is so much fun, and he's very strong.

Littlevoice

09-20-2010

Miss Fortune

SwordOrShield

09-20-2010

I suggest Fortune.

She's fun, she's not banned as much, she's not liable to get supernerfed, and she's not as hard as Corki to pick up. But if she's not your style...

...Corki is fun as hell, but yes, hard to play. With the recent buffs - mainly the range ones - he's viable again, yes. Kog'Maw is better, but always gets banned and I would be unsurprised to see him get hit with the nerf bat. Ezrael is currently engaged to that nerf bat.