Obligatory Garen is unviable now.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nvmvoidrays

09-20-2010

OMG WTF RIOT COURAGE NERFED FROM 35% TO 30%

GAREN IS TRASH NOW, wtf.

(p.s. sarcasm if you couldn't tell)

w23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

1/10

Stormsoul

09-20-2010

they actually BUFFED him this patch, haha. 5% more damage taken is pretty irrelevant, fixing the bugs with his ult is epic. now maybe my ult wont be so ****ing ******ed if i use it right as someone runs into a bush. kind of ironic that the bushes garen spends so much time in were once one of his greatest weaknesses

Yobber

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post
they actually BUFFED him this patch, haha. now maybe my ult wont be so ****ing ******ed if i use it right as someone runs into a bush.
Not really a buff, so much as a "hey, this is for 3 nerfs in a row, Garen players".

Now to fix Judgment scaling, and maybe one more survivability nerf.

Then, perhaps Garen will actually be a carry.

But yeah, I play Garen a lot, and I'm ok with all of these changes. Nothing major, but nothing unnoticeable.

Our

09-20-2010

I'm still trying to figure out this whole "Garen is overpowered" mess.

I guess below level 30 he's just another viable character with no overpowering characteristics, like how Eve is viable in the same area.

Stormsoul

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our View Post
I'm still trying to figure out this whole "Garen is overpowered" mess.

I guess below level 30 he's just another viable character with no overpowering characteristics, like how Eve is viable in the same area.
i dont really think garen is overpowered, more that he fits the metagame so amazingly well. if he was truly overpowered he would just be facerolling people no matter what, like udyr a while back before he got hotfixed and xin zhao at release. mobility and kiting shuts garen down pretty hard, and a ranged can deal with him in a lane fairly well.

would totally like to see some scaling buffs on judgment though, even if at the cost to garen's earlygame.

i'm thinking we might see some more mobile teams in short order with sona's movement aura and the new speed boost aura item they're adding tomorrow. if that's the case, i don't think people will be complaining about garen for much longer.

Krazikarl

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post

i'm thinking we might see some more mobile teams in short order with sona's movement aura and the new speed boost aura item they're adding tomorrow. if that's the case, i don't think people will be complaining about garen for much longer.
Either that or you are going to have people whining about super fast garen that you cant run from and is too tanky to kill.

Stormsoul

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazikarl View Post
Either that or you are going to have people whining about super fast garen that you cant run from and is too tanky to kill.
as much as people like to complain about his totally epic 2 second movement speed burst, he really isnt the unstoppable speedster everyone makes him out to be. enemy team could just buy a firecrest of their own and probably outrun garen easily.

ZeroDivision

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazikarl View Post
More likely this.

EFG

09-20-2010

The only thing that could ever be considered remotely op about garen is his w's passive.