Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling pre-summoner level 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saybel

09-21-2010

the only champion i jungle with is WW and I use armor pen marks dodge seals cd reduction glyphs and flat health quints i spec down to the armor pen and minion damage on offense then go down utility. my first item is a dagger... why dagger means more attack speed which means more passive heals and creeps that die that much quicker. I also never buy a potion and never need one this saves me gold and means a big difference when every little bit of gold helps to get you ahead of the other team.

dreamNing

09-21-2010

Nunu can match the exp gain of the solo lane up to level 5 and go ganking. And you can jungle him at summoner level 10 probably. He really doesn't need anything except Awareness.

Olaf, Amumu, etc might need runes more than they need all the summoner levels to successfully jungle.

PerAnon

09-21-2010

Not being level 30 really just means you will be less efficient and slower. It also may mean that you need to jungle with a character who is very good at it rather than a more awkward build a higher level could pull off, and you might not be able to start on the blue buff, if your jungle guide would normally recommend that.

Definitely take 4 points in Awareness, and try out jungling in a practice game first, just to make sure you don't die to minions in your normal route. If you're having trouble, you can crutch a little on talents in defense like the "take 3 less damage from attacks" or "2 less damage from minions" after the mandatory 8 in utility.

Also, consider taking both Smite and Heal - these are not the best summoner spells out there, but they will give you an easier time jungling, and honestly, jungling is a big part of the game. At lower levels, opposing teams will be more vulnerable to the advantage a jungler gives you (2 solo lanes and a constant MIA), which can more than make up for your suboptimal talents/spells.

CrazyBolas

09-21-2010

I was level 10 when I started jungling with warwick, so it can be done. Would have started sooner but had never heard of jungling before then, LOL.

You might need to change your item buy choices and your jungle pattern if you aren't level 30, but it can be done.

You could even start with the blue golem if you go smite & heal for your summoner spells and start with Q for your level 1 ability, but it's not recommended as there are more efficient paths for jungling.

Covenant

Recruiter

09-21-2010

Quote:
Swat****let:
you will be behind if you are you do not have utility specs.

Don't be silly, 8 into Utility is mandatory. The "all into defense" is just as opposed to putting points into offense.

Captain Took

09-21-2010

I have matched duo lane as olaf on my lvl 9 smurf.

You WILL need the 4 EXP masteries. No runes.

Do small Golems, wraith ( smite blue wraith), wolves, b, repeat. Do golem at lvl 4.

I thought I would be underlevelled, I was surprised I matched the duo lane at least.

SwatNigglet

09-21-2010

Quote:
Covenant:
Don't be silly, 8 into Utility is mandatory. The "all into defense" is just as opposed to putting points into offense.

Oh ok, Lol. My bad. But I would only spec into defense for jungling if I was 21> level. The utility for Summoner spell CDR is very useful