Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awwyaeh

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveofShadow View Post
No offense Yegg, but I don't see how you're going to deal with this.
Apparently it will be as simple as joining your friend's high elo 3v3 or 5v5 team for a free Diamond forum badge + rewards, because there is no ingame tracking of "percentage of games played on the team" like WoW used to have.
You have to have been in the team before sept 1 -

" Players who joined a team on or after September 1 will also need to win five games with that team to qualify for rewards."

RÊD

09-12-2012

I have a question my ranked solo queue is 1538, but i have not played ranked 5v5 or ranked 3v3, will i get the gold rewards?

Neh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2012

A janna skin...

Astoundment

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
I have a question my ranked solo queue is 1538, but i have not played ranked 5v5 or ranked 3v3, will i get the gold rewards?
Yes.

Tamahachi

09-12-2012

I was so bummed when I found out I missed getting Judgement Kayle and now I can't get the Janna skin...Riot, y u no give away skins for champs I don't play? XD

Anyone think I can get from lvl 26 to 30 and then silver...?

Kedali

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
As for buying Elo, we're going to be actively monitoring this and we're willing to remove rewards or issue other penalties if we have evidence of this or any other methods of scamming the rewards.
Does 'actively monitoring" mean going to twitch or own3d and watching one of the numerous pros doing elo jobs on stream?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
9 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgageddon View Post
Yegg, do you know why past highest score doesn't count?

Starting from today would hurt a lot of people who are on the border for various tiers, or who have let their ELO decay down to minimal, not expecting the new tier system
For Season 2, we've decided to use Top Rating for the final weeks of the season so that everyone could play as much as they wanted without risking rewards that they'd previously earned. The fact that this could happen in Season 1 is why many players tended to earn a tier and then just sit on their rating until the end of the season. This way they can keep playing whatever mode they like without risking anything.

As for using Top Rating retroactively, the numbers that we had were actually inaccurate because they were never reset between Season 1 and Season 2. So the number in your profile was actually your best lifetime Top Rating, and not your Top Rating from Season 2. We felt that the best compromise was to reset the Top Ratings and then use Top Rating for rewards at the end of the season.

Pulse Kwr

09-12-2012

Pretty neat!

samson920

09-12-2012

These are amazing. I have a bad day whenever I lose ELO, now I know, it doesn't matter, my top rating stays the same. I love the rewards, the removal of an ELO number, EVERYTHING.

Basiateher

09-12-2012

What if my accounts only has 6 games played in ranked, but i am 1500 rating. Will i be able to get rewards?