Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Unspecified Error" when patching. Fixes ran with no avail.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whispringshadow

09-12-2012

Was playing a game on the PBE yesterday (11th of September) when the servers went down. Restarted client and it started patching. Was like ok cool new stuff but I got an "Unspecified Error" and just sticks at 33%.

Waited a day to see if it was just a minor thing. Persisted the next day.

Already ran the repair, no avail.
Already deleted the lol_air_client and lol_game_client_en_us folders in RADS\projects and re-downloaded them. Didn't work.

Suggestions?

Mochrie

09-12-2012

Run with the admin launcher

Whispringshadow

09-12-2012

Quote:
Joshtastic:
Run with the admin launcher

Just tried. Same problem.

ePxDark

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Same thing happened to me, ever since the Katarina remake that has happened to me, gonna bump this to get some help

Whispringshadow

09-12-2012

Guess I should add the fact this has happened to me a few times before but restarting the launcher usually fixed it. Of course that doesn't work anymore.

Whispringshadow

09-12-2012

Bumping. Problem persists.

Red Parrot

09-13-2012

I fixed it after I re-ran it on the admin mode 2x then ran it on the regular one USING admin privileges and it worked for me...

Just right click the non admin one then click run as administrator and should work, at least it did for me

Whispringshadow

09-13-2012

Quote:
Sizzler:
I fixed it after I re-ran it on the admin mode 2x then ran it on the regular one USING admin privileges and it worked for me...

Just right click the non admin one then click run as administrator and should work, at least it did for me

Tried. Same problem.

Whispringshadow

09-13-2012

Just re-downloaded and re-patched completely. Worked... -.-

Raffli

11-15-2012

I SOLVED this doing the following (this SOLUTION might or not work in your particular case):
since i had this problem ONLY when selecting NA server this is what i did:

1.-start lol.launcher.admin.exe (might work with the regular one but i didnt try that)
2.-selected another server (different from the one you ar having problems with) and let it patch everything,
3.-close it (be sure to close everything LOL related from task manager too)
4.- rename "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client_config_na" folder
to "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\_lol_air_client_config_na"
(notice an underscore at begining of foldername "_lol_air_client_config_na&quot i did this to keep it as backup just in case (you can delete it after and if it works)

5.-open lol_admin (again be sure theres nothing related to LOL or RIOT from task manager)
6.- select NA server (or the one you where having problems with)
7.- let it patch (it was a really small under 2 mins patch in my case since i had updated with no problems some days ago), this will redownload/recreate the renamed "lol_air_client_config_na" folder for you again, (thats were the problem was in my case)

8 that was it, i was able to play again
9 (optional) close everything,
10 open regular client, and thats it

i noticed in the fixed folder i had
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client_config_na\releases\0.0.0.39

and in the backup i had
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client_config_na\releases\0.0.0.38
and a previous one that cant remember one, also in the fixed folder i had
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client_config_na\managedfiles
and in the original i didnt have this managed files thing.

I hope this works for you, was driving me crazy since i didnt want to redownload everything and i dont have accounts in other servers.

Your Welcome.