So about that Sona spotlight..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LotionExplosion

09-20-2010

What do you think of the item build, mastery build, and rune build?

9/0/21 masteries is what I figured, but I was kind of surprised to see the gold/5 utility taken. Phreak even pointed it out above other utilities. The rune build looks pretty much spot on, although having such low amount of life at level 1 might be reason enough to swap those AP quints for HP ones. As for the item build.. I'm kind of on the fence. All that HP/MP regen? Soul shroud seems like a much better pick than locket.

What do you guys think?

Louise

09-20-2010

no

Taenshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Honestly Archangel's staff is a better first item for her as it gives AP/Regen/A good mana pool. Locket/Shroud are decent secondary items but I would at least get a tear as my first for the sake of building my mana pool up.

Also I agree that HP quints are a safer item build as Sona is somewhat squishy level 1 and needs the HP.

Herkucheeze

09-20-2010

I think Phreak has gotten some **** in the past for having flat hp quints on EVERY spotlight. So he changed them up for this one.

Kaoculus

09-20-2010

does anyone have the ap ratios on her stuff? it'd be interesting to look into whether or not there are better builds

Zezaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Pfft who cares, I can now get into game of 3 carries + sona instead of 4 carries

LotionExplosion

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoculus View Post
does anyone have the ap ratios on her stuff? it'd be interesting to look into whether or not there are better builds
I believe All her normal abilities are 0.6, and her ult is 0.7. Obviously her movespeed ability doesn't have an AP ratio.

Edit: And the heal is 0.4 or 0.5 according to Phreak. Looks like they changed it since I last looked.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

09-20-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The heal's around .4 or .5

I wanted max CDR, and Locket lets you infinite spam which is her best use: 3 auras on at all times while only worrying about positioning.

Gold gain mastery pointed out because most of that stuff is pretty obvious to take, but people underrate the gold gain.

LotionExplosion

09-20-2010

Good to hear your thoughts on it, I guess it's one of those things I'll have to try out on my own. I'm not sold on the new locket + philo stone combo simply because I'm not a fan of HP regen, but I'll try your build out first, and tweak it accordingly to my playstyle after I get some games in.

Dracks

Recruiter

09-20-2010

I dont really understand the "persisting aura" bit

for example
if i activate Q - is the aura only on for 3 seconds?

or

if i had Q on... then i activated W - is the Q aura only going to 'persist' for 3 seconds while the W will be on until you cast another skill?