Duo queue always last two picks in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Major Fear

09-12-2012

Whenever I duo with a friend (who is nearly exactly my Elo), we are always 4th and 5th pick. It gets really annoying. Why does this happen?

TheJan1tor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Because your elo's are so close. If you duo with someone 100+ elo difference between you two, you'll notice the higher elo will be at the top and the other at the bottom

Pheṇm

09-12-2012

When you duo with a friend, your combined artificial ELO is 'inflated' a little bit, to allow for the fact you're likely communicating outside of the game, giving you a slight advantage. This often means you and your friend will be ~20-30 ELO behind your teams third pick, given that you're both similar ELO.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

that's probably good luck on your part...would you rather be 1st and 2nd pick and likely have to carry the other 3 against a team that likely has an elo edge on you as well because you are duoing?..

Alexandra Avdey

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Fear View Post
Whenever I duo with a friend (who is nearly exactly my Elo), we are always 4th and 5th pick. It gets really annoying. Why does this happen?
It's very simple, really.

Duo-queuing artificially boosts your average Elo for matchmaking purposes, so you get matched into games with players with higher Elo than you are individually. The higher Elo players pick first.

Major Fear

09-12-2012

Why isn't this information available anywhere? I've been searching for a while...

Pheṇm

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Fear View Post
Why isn't this information available anywhere? I've been searching for a while...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=league+of+legen...+queue+work%3F