Question about the timing between reports, warnings, and further punishment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futurecat

09-12-2012

I got my first warning today, for games that happened over 2 months ago.

I fully intend to improve my behavior; I take this warning very seriously. But I am concerned...I have over 2 months of games played without being given a warning, do I get a "clean slate" for these?

Otherwise what's the point of warning someone several months after they do something wrong...?

Exploding Barrel

09-12-2012

My understanding is that you have a "clean slate" going forward from the date of this warning - future cases can only include games from today forward. I'm not 100% sure about that though.

Jayrune

09-12-2012

This issue with the delay has been brought up before, riot is working to reduce the time delay but it still has to get through the tribunal system as a whole (which requires time to generate a case for people to vote on, then more time for enough people to actually vote on it) before the output can be sent along to the appropriate recipients.

in other words, yeah it's generally agreed that warning someone for something 2 months ago is way late.

Futurecat

09-12-2012

Thanks, I certainly hope so. As I said I intend to improve my behavior, but I know I haven't been a saint in the past.

There have definitely been games worse than the ones I got reported & warned for, and I'd hate to think I get a warning without being able to actually try and improve...

Jayrune

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
My understanding is that you have a "clean slate" going forward from the date of this warning - future cases can only include games from today forward. I'm not 100% sure about that though.
i think it's clean from the point of the case being generated, rather than the time the warning was received....

Can we get a red post up in here to clear that up?

Futurecat

09-12-2012

Would certainly be nice to know heh... I intend to improve my behavior either way, but I'm really concerned about this... I've invested a lot of time and $ into my account :\

SimplyAlive

09-12-2012

In the past, Riot has stated that reports prior to the date of your punishment will not be used on possible future cases.

Unless they changed that, that should be the answer. Good luck!
(Your case wasn't the worst out there, so I am confident you can improve enough)

JohnnyOmega

09-12-2012

It shouldn't be a problem unless one is consistently behaving badly over a lot of matches.

All players are encouraged to read up on the Summoner's Code and ask for advice if they feel that they might be behaving in a negative manner in too many of their games.

The community is here for you and Riot Support is here for you too (blue support link on this page).

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

you only get a "clean slate" if you play many games with appropriated behavior, then your "level" decreases and you should be fine again.

The problem with the 2 months ago thing is: The tribunal has been having a few problems lately, and they had to put the tribunal on a long recces while they fixed things, this caused cases to be really delayed.

Your next punishment should be another warning so, just try your best to improve in your games and you will be fine.