[Champion Concept] Silva, the Illusionist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

matrixEXO

09-12-2012

I wanted to make a Support Champion that is based around manipulation of situations, giving a strong sense of danger but not being overpowered. Therefore, all skills from Silva have a temporary effect value that will be removed once the duration ends. In example, damage from the temporary effect of Q's DoT will be removed (ie: damage dealt is healed back) once the duration ends, if the skill does not kill the target.

Theme:
Illusionist. Manipulator of situation and battle flow. Effects that can either be temporary or real, but mostly temporary.

Lore:
Silva is a mystic hailing from the Shadow Isle. She moved from there at a very young age with her parents, and settled in Demacia as simple farmer and family. At the age of 8, Silva was thought by her mother, the art of illusions, the concept of creating false or illusionary effects or ideas implanted into the target's minds that, if done right, can damage injure, cripple or even kill the target. Silva was also thought the power of magical incantations from her father, powers that can assist or injure her target with just a phrase or sentence.

As Silva approached adulthood, she began to tamper with her powers by mixing both magical incantations and illusion arts. What was born from it was a form that is so close to realism that it can even be real. Showing her parents this new power of hers, they told Silva that what she has is power that would be sought out by all manners of people, most intent on using it for their wicked ways. They then brought her to the Institute of Magic, where she would make a pact to fight in the Fields of Justice in exchange for absolute protection and secrecy of her arts.

Skills:

Passive
Art of Illusions

All of Silva's non-ultimate skills create special effects. These effects are strengthened by the level of the skills and are temporary effects that can be fatal. Spells can be cast again within 2s to cause permanent effects. This effect is called Realism in Illusions and has a 60s global cooldown duration upon usage.

Skill Q
Phantom Pain

Target enemy is dealt 60/100/140/180/220 + (AP * 0.4) magic damage.

Art of Illusions: The target is dealt the same damage over the next 4s and applies a 0.15s stun each second. If that target lives for the remainder 4s, all damage dealt from the DoT is removed.

Skill Range: 650
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Cooldown: 10s

Skill W
Ghostly Visage

Stealths her allied target for 0.6/0.8/1.0/1.2/1.4s. The stealth effect does not have any fade-out time.

Art of Illusions: Creates a visage of her target for 5x the stealth duration at the position of the target. All targeting mechanics done prior to stealthing will transfer to the visage (ie: Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole, Nautilus' Depth Charge). This visage will use the same spells and attacks on the same target as the original, but cannot be controlled or moved, with exception from skills (ie: Vayne's Tumble moving the visage closer to the end tumble zone of the original, Xin Zhao's Audacious Charge moving the visage directly to the targeted opponent). The visage can "move" into wall, can be damaged and targeted but has no collision size.

Damage, heal and shield values from the visage is 15 + (AP * 0.1)% that of the original's (capped at 40/80/120/160/200 per skill (instant), basic attack (crit attacks have the cap modded to it's multiplier) and DoT (per tick)), can be fatal (if the target dies from the damage) and will be removed if the visage disappears (timer runs out, visage's hp reach 0). The visage will not apply on-hit effects on basic attacks and spells that allows it.

NOTE: While the visage's original is moving, the visage will automatically attack the nearest enemy unit, prioritising enemy Champion.

NOTE: All healing done by the visage to itself will not be transferred to the ally. All support (ie: aura, shield) and debilitation (ie: stun, fear) bonuses that cannot stack will not stack (ie: aura skill activation). Healing values done by the visage to another target will be removed when the visage disappears while shield value done by the visage will be removed either when the duration ends or when the visage disappears, whilst both are considered a shield value, absorbing damage taken first.

NOTE: Skills from the visage has theoretically infinite range and will arrive at the target enemy/area at the same time as the skill cast by the original. Skillshot skills will reach the end point at the same time. However, skills with area of effect around itself will not travel to the original (ie: Cho'Gath's Feral Scream, Katarina's Death Lotus). Basic attacks take the range and speed (for projectiles) of the original, for balance reasons. Skills with movement displacement (knockback) will not apply from the visage.

Range: 450
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 20s

Skill E
Mystical Healing

Heals the target allied Champion for 70/120/170/220/270 + (AP * 0.6) health.

Art of Illusions: Heals all allied Champions in an area around the target Champion for half the amount stated above. This heal lasts 4s and damage received reduces this amount first.

NOTE: The heal from the Art of Illusions is separate from the real health bar but is only denoted as green (not white) on the Champion's health bar shown above their head. The health bar on the btm window shows the actual health. Upon casting Realism in Illusions, the amount remaining (if any) will be transferred over to the real health bar.

Skill Range: 450
AoE Radius: 350
Mana Cost: 80
Cooldown: 15s

Skill R
Eternity's Lie

For 2/2.5/3s, Silva channels to create an illusion world of an area. Any damage, heal, crowd control effect, debilitation and death that occurs within this illusion world will be removed/reset at the end of the channeling. Death while Guardian Angel is up will not proc Guardian Angel. Position of all units and active cooldowns will not reset. Death while in the illusion world will not reward the killer and assisters but will still announce it. While this world is active, a ring of white aura is drawn at the edge of the AoE.

NOTE: Does not affect monsters that are not affected by debuffs (Dragon, Baron Nashor). Also does not affect traveling projectiles and channeling spells when the illusion world ends (damage dealt from sustained channeling damage like Malzahar's Nether Grasp that was dealt within the field will be removed however).

NOTE: Anything that occurs in the illusion field will be removed. This occurs not only to allied units but to enemy units as well.

NOTE: Disrupting Silva's channeling will prematurely end the field, but still resets everything except active cooldowns and positions.

Skill Range: 1250
AoE Radius: 750/950/1150
Mana Cost: 100/150/200
Cooldown: 160/130/100

WonderBoy55

09-12-2012

Very cool and unique, like a bizarre support LeBlanc.

Passive: people would complain that this isn't an actual passive, kind of like renekton. Maybe add some kind of utility or ability combo benefit.

Q/E: very cool, but what if you combined them into one ability that behaves differently depending on the target? Also instead of relying on the target's Regen, why not make it a flat amount that scales up with AP? that way you can make it stronger yourself. I also wouldn't show this as green when healing, as it would confuse allies who might then run into a fight, lose the heal, and be SoL.

W: crazy. How do you control the abilities it uses?

R: Awesome, but the cooldown and early mana cost is super high. I'd recommend something like 30/20/10 second tbh, since it's only usable with one ability.

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Great theme... love how she can stealth others! I love how much detail you put into describing the Visage and how it would operate.

Great start! I'd tidy up your Notes by meshing them into a detailed explanation!

Skyhawke

09-12-2012

Hi matrixEXO, I thought I'd give you a quick review of your champ, since the name caught my eye.

Theme: Well there's no lore to look through so it's hard to know for sure, but I feel like this champ would overlap (thematically) with LeBlanc since she's kind of an "illusionist" of sorts. Just something to think about...maybe with a couple tweaks to the theme and a good background story she could stand on her own.

Passive: Not really much of a passive, since all the spell effects always happen (not that those effects aren't cool).

Q: Now, I think you've actually hit on a really cool idea with this skill. The fact that the damage is high, but only with a kill, creates interesting gameplay. That being said, I feel like a skill such as this would fit better on a burst caster, to promote that "get the kill" mentality. On this support champ it feels just a bit out of place.

W: Stealthing an ally would be an intriguing support ability--one that I've thought about a lot. I wonder if there's a reason Riot has avoided such an ability for so long. I personally don't see too much of a problem with it conceptually (though it is pretty strong), but maybe Riot knows something I don't know here. Anyways, I like the idea, but I feel like it would be hard to make the visage work well.

E: A very, very passive form of a heal which isn't very "fun" and doesn't feel very good to use.

R: Pretty weak ultimate skill--only allows one spell cast to keep the bonus effect? With this skill and the non-existent passive it means you only really have 3 abilities to work with...I think if you reworked her ultimate and passive to create more gameplay decision she would be a lot more fun to play.

Overall, I think there are some good ideas in this champion concept, but that the champion doesn't work as well as a whole. She is very much a binary champion--she's okay if the opponent doesn't know what she does, but really bad if the opponent knows how to play against her. I also don't see her being very much fun unless she's in a support duo lane (which is the meta, but even the dedicated supports can do fun when played in a solo lane or jungle). Anyways, thanks a bunch for the great ideas and good luck as you continue to shape and develop this concept!

--Skyhawk47, CCF Council Member--

matrixEXO

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBoy55 View Post
Very cool and unique, like a bizarre support LeBlanc.

Passive: people would complain that this isn't an actual passive, kind of like renekton. Maybe add some kind of utility or ability combo benefit.

Q/E: very cool, but what if you combined them into one ability that behaves differently depending on the target? Also instead of relying on the target's Regen, why not make it a flat amount that scales up with AP? that way you can make it stronger yourself. I also wouldn't show this as green when healing, as it would confuse allies who might then run into a fight, lose the heal, and be SoL.

W: crazy. How do you control the abilities it uses?

R: Awesome, but the cooldown and early mana cost is super high. I'd recommend something like 30/20/10 second tbh, since it's only usable with one ability.
The passive is actually meant as a skill buff ability that varies depending on the level of the skill. While it may seem like a non-skill thing, it actually ties with his ultimate as it swaps his passive into the Realism in Illusions. The idea behind it is that if you do it right, you can cast 2 Realism in Illusions for 2 different skills at once.

Q/E was designed not to be a multi-target skill. Q is meant as her only source of DD and giving the enemy the feeling of being hit by a truck, while E is designed as a source of passive healing and regeneration. The idea that you get a heal boost for a short duration may seem silly, but if you add an Iron Solari, multiply it's HP5 by 7x, then add it on one champion, you might notice an extremely potent heal value. Additionally, the heal modifier from her Arts of Illusions is not just there to be a growing shield. It can also be a healing value that boosts her HP5 regen to 13x for that 5s with her ultimate. 13x healing capability means that a champion with just 20% lifesteal will heal for 260% of the damage dealt. Is that OP? Yes. And this makes having a 7x heal to shield value already makes it strong.

The idea of this skill is meant for champion scaling so that it initially is underpowered and at late game, it's overpowered. Healing is never a balanced factor, except when it comes to Karma, since flat healing can never really do as constant a heal to every champion at every level on every point of time. Lastly, shield gain as green is non-problematic since, if you did it right, the full 5s shield value will be mostly gone early game, whilst late game depends on the heal output from the target ally (if they have 20% lifesteal, 120% of that heal is considered as shield, whilst the other 140% is considered as real healing). Thus, the idea of having a proper skill level is created. A skilled player will take advantage of the fact that this skill can cause high amounts of confusion to the enemy and will create an opportunity to either save or chase the target.

matrixEXO

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 View Post
Hi matrixEXO, I thought I'd give you a quick review of your champ, since the name caught my eye.

Theme: Well there's no lore to look through so it's hard to know for sure, but I feel like this champ would overlap (thematically) with LeBlanc since she's kind of an "illusionist" of sorts. Just something to think about...maybe with a couple tweaks to the theme and a good background story she could stand on her own.

Passive: Not really much of a passive, since all the spell effects always happen (not that those effects aren't cool).

Q: Now, I think you've actually hit on a really cool idea with this skill. The fact that the damage is high, but only with a kill, creates interesting gameplay. That being said, I feel like a skill such as this would fit better on a burst caster, to promote that "get the kill" mentality. On this support champ it feels just a bit out of place.

W: Stealthing an ally would be an intriguing support ability--one that I've thought about a lot. I wonder if there's a reason Riot has avoided such an ability for so long. I personally don't see too much of a problem with it conceptually (though it is pretty strong), but maybe Riot knows something I don't know here. Anyways, I like the idea, but I feel like it would be hard to make the visage work well.

E: A very, very passive form of a heal which isn't very "fun" and doesn't feel very good to use.

R: Pretty weak ultimate skill--only allows one spell cast to keep the bonus effect? With this skill and the non-existent passive it means you only really have 3 abilities to work with...I think if you reworked her ultimate and passive to create more gameplay decision she would be a lot more fun to play.

Overall, I think there are some good ideas in this champion concept, but that the champion doesn't work as well as a whole. She is very much a binary champion--she's okay if the opponent doesn't know what she does, but really bad if the opponent knows how to play against her. I also don't see her being very much fun unless she's in a support duo lane (which is the meta, but even the dedicated supports can do fun when played in a solo lane or jungle). Anyways, thanks a bunch for the great ideas and good luck as you continue to shape and develop this concept!

--Skyhawk47, CCF Council Member--
Theme: I was going to write it... after I wrote down the skills. In my opinion, LB is a offensive disrupter, capable of going in and pulling back. Her theme of illusionist is actually more of self placement modification, rather than creating an illusion of what is really occurring, other than her passive that is just a self-illusion which can't cast skills or react to circumstances other than controlled.

Passive: Meant to tie with the ultimate in a way. I just updated my OP to reflect that.

Q: I don't think having a support that can only do passive support is good. Also, the reason why they had a Sona change to make her deal alot of damage via her passive is meant to give some offensiveness to it. The idea of this skill is actually meant as a prioritisation skill, giving an ally or the allied team 4s to focus and bring down that target. In this idea, it's more of a support-offensive ability. Of course, I do know why you are concerned over it.

W: The reason why ally stealthing is something not really approved could be due to the fact that you can hide allied ADC away from enemy eyes until they are behind the enemy lines. That said, it would force the enemy to buy an oracle or pink to counter this skill. And it is reads as force. That might also is the reason why LB, who had a similar appeal to this skill as a passive, only stealthed for less than 1s.

E: I did not think of it as fun, but more cohesive to his theme (fake vs real). That said, giving an ally a 20% lifesteal will cause them to go overhealing themselves, if they are not stopped via hard cc. At max level, a 7x healing is strong for 5s. Also, I never did feel like healing from skills such as Soraka's Astral Blessing was fun. But it is required. Fun is where the game excites you as a manner a passionate football player would when playing a football game. Casting a heal skill on an ally does not amount to fun, it's the whole game in an of itself with the mechanics all tied together that brings it to being fun. I'm deviating alot so let me get back to the main topic. It's meant to be a late-game skill that scales with time. Getting just one lifesteal item (Vamp Scepter) will bring the healing up by a lot for that 5s, not including the shield bonus and the optional Realism effect.

R: I already mentioned it on the passive. It's meant for proper usage and technic of her 3 skills. It's like Karma in it's own way.

EDIT: I believe that Ghostly Visage would be hard-to-impossible to code. And am pretty certain by it. It's just an idea that I hope would be possible.

EDIT 2: Thinking about E a lot more has made me re-think the design. Might be changing it soon.

matrixEXO

09-12-2012

Changelog (since i did change some things):

Added description of Passive: Realism.

Reduced stealth duration to 0.6/0.8/1.0/1.2/1.4s from 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5s.
Increased Visage's duration to 5x stealth duration from 2x stealth duration.

Changed Realism of Illusions' description to reflect it's ability better.

EDIT:
Remade Mystical Healing.

EDIT 2:
Increased Mystical Healing's AP ratio to 1.0 from 0.6.
Remade Mystical Healing's Art of Illusions effect.

EDIT 3:
Reduced Mystical Healing's Art of Illusions' heal effect to 0.5x original amount from 1x original amount.

Skyhawke

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixEXO View Post
Q: I don't think having a support that can only do passive support is good. Also, the reason why they had a Sona change to make her deal alot of damage via her passive is meant to give some offensiveness to it. The idea of this skill is actually meant as a prioritisation skill, giving an ally or the allied team 4s to focus and bring down that target. In this idea, it's more of a support-offensive ability. Of course, I do know why you are concerned over it.
I wasn't arguing that the skill was too aggresive, I was saying that I think that the idea of "damage goes away if you don't get the kill" would fit better on a burst caster. I actually could see it working on a support--for the reasons you mentioned--but I would like to see this similar idea on a burst caster and see how it plays out.

Quote:
E: I did not think of it as fun, but more cohesive to his theme (fake vs real). That said, giving an ally a 20% lifesteal will cause them to go overhealing themselves, if they are not stopped via hard cc. At max level, a 7x healing is strong for 5s. Also, I never did feel like healing from skills such as Soraka's Astral Blessing was fun. But it is required. Fun is where the game excites you as a manner a passionate football player would when playing a football game. Casting a heal skill on an ally does not amount to fun, it's the whole game in an of itself with the mechanics all tied together that brings it to being fun.
Sorry, I should have elaborated here a bit more. I wasn't saying it wasn't strong enough--it is strong, very strong. My point was a point that has been addressed by the Riot employee Morello many times, in that sustain-based heals are strong, without "feeling" like they're strong. The thing with Soraka's heals is that you can get a "clutch heal" and you feel good about that (maybe that's not the same as "fun" but then we're just arguing semantics).

matrixEXO

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 View Post
I wasn't arguing that the skill was too aggresive, I was saying that I think that the idea of "damage goes away if you don't get the kill" would fit better on a burst caster. I actually could see it working on a support--for the reasons you mentioned--but I would like to see this similar idea on a burst caster and see how it plays out.

Sorry, I should have elaborated here a bit more. I wasn't saying it wasn't strong enough--it is strong, very strong. My point was a point that has been addressed by the Riot employee Morello many times, in that sustain-based heals are strong, without "feeling" like they're strong. The thing with Soraka's heals is that you can get a "clutch heal" and you feel good about that (maybe that's not the same as "fun" but then we're just arguing semantics).
Anyway, I changed my E so I hope you look into it again. Also, didn't live in this forum for long enough to know everything that was addressed, therefore I would like to express my gratitude for informing me about it.

Also, do you think that I should swap out my Q for a much more effective support-damage skill? Because, I feel that it actually fits into her theme more.

matrixEXO

09-12-2012

Changelog 2 (cause after re-reading my skills over and over again, I felt that WonderBoy55 and Skyhawk47 are right):

Combined previous ultimate and passive into one, as a passive.

Added a new ultimate.

EDIT:
Changed passive to grant a double-cast to apply Realism in Illusions as a sub-catergory at the cost of twice the cooldown duration has it's own cooldown (60s).

EDIT 2:
Removed 2x cooldown reduction on skills when using Realism in Illusions.
Changed Realism in Illusions' cooldown to global (so that there is no triple Realism occuring).

EDIT 3:
Added a note to describe Mystical Healing's Art of Illusions' effect more clearly.

EDIT 4:
Added a 0.25s per second stun onto Phantom Pain's Art of Illusions' effect.

Changed Mystical Healing to be a single-target heal.
Reduced Mystical Healing's AP ratio to 0.6s

EDIT 5:
Remade ultimate again. (I didn't feel it was good so I decided to redo the whole ultimate).

EDIT 6:
Added note for Eternity's Lie to describe what happens if Silva is hard-cced during channeling.