Icarus, Ionian Hope

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lordaeth

09-12-2012

Please post ur feed back :-).

Icarus, Ionian Hope

Race: Birdman
Origin: Ionia
Alliance: Good
Class: AD Carry
Subclass: Assassin (possibly)
Weapon: Feathers
Attack Type: Ranged
Energy Source: Mana

Passive:Feathered Flight: Icarus gains 1/4 of his AD as MS.
Ability Q: Feathered Darts: Cool:20 MPS: 12/14/16/16/16 Does 40/50/60/70/80 DPS (+0.5 per bonus AD) to 1 enemy up to 1000 distance away from you until he leaves the area. Your channel cannot be interrupted.
Ability W: Feather Storm: Cool:10 Mana: 60/70/80/90/100 Does 100/130/160/190/220 damage (+0.5 per bonus AD) in an 800 AOE and slows enemies in there by 30/40/50/60/70% for 1 seconds
Ability E: Piercing Arrows: Gives Icarus a permanent extra 4/8/12/16/20 AD and at max level gives Icarus 30% armor pen.
Ultimate:Fair Feathered Friends: Cool 110/90/70 Mana: 100/120/150 gives all allies 20/60/100 Atk Spd.

Stats:
Health: 540+70 per lvl
Health per 5: 7
Mana: 250+ 36 per lvl
Mana per 5: 9
AD: 75+5 per lvl
AS: 0.630
MS: 300
AP: 0
Armor: 10
MR: 15

Lore: Icarus was leader of a cult in Ionia which worshipped birds and other flying things. This cult rapidly gained followers including some powerful magicians. These magicians had been trained to grant others power so the whole cult was empowered with the ability to see into the future. They saw that in the near future Syndra, The Dark Sovereign would they were such powerful magicians so she would transform the whole cult into winged men being that they worshipped winged beings. Together with the rest of his cult, he planned a ritual which would bind the whole curse onto himself, which it did. His cult began a rebellion against Syndra and presssured Icarus to lead them. He agreed and managed to get Irelia to join him in resisting Syndra. She accepted the invitation and they began campaigning against her dark power.

"I fear for Syndra" -Irelia

Quotes:
Selection: Justice will prevail!
Movement: Swiftly.
With the wind.
I shall not be stopped!
Bird of a Feather.
Attack: I bring justice to all.
For Ionia!
E Use: Great Sniping!
R Use: Allies, to me!
Taunts: Soon you will looks like a fusion of a porcupine and a bird.
Try to catch me! Oh, wait, you can't, because I fly and you don't.
Jokes: Put the feather to the leather.
I put the "I" in "Fly", wait "fly doesn't have an 'I". Who cares.

Appearance: About 6 feet high and pretty thin. He has light blue skin and feathers. He has no hands and wears a golden spartan helmet with red hair/fuzz stuff on top like pantheon. His eyes glow white and his weapon of choice is his own feathers. He wears leather armor with the symbol of a feather inside a hexagon in the middle of his shirt armor and on his belt.

Skins: Classic
Dark Icarus: His feathers and skin turn black and his eyes glow a evil yellow (normally)/red(in combat) color.
Flaming Icarus: His his whole body gets feathers and turns black and goes on fire.
Angel Icarus: His skin and feathers turn white, he gets a halo, he gains hands in addition to his wings, he gets a gold sword, and his eyes glow light blue

Playing as Icarus: Use Fair Feathered Friends when allies or your are going to die, it can save lives.
Use Fair Feathered Friends when an enemy is about to get away, it can grant you or your allies a kill.
Have map awareness, your ultimate can give you an assist even if you are nowhere nearby a fight because your allies can get kills.

Playing Against Icarus: Be aware when Icarus's ultimate gets off cooldown, it can mean trouble for your allies.
Your tank should be a health tank, not an armor tank because Icarus gets loads of armor pen late-game.

Riot Game have my full permission to use this Champion.

Lordaeth

09-12-2012

bumping bumpy bumpiness

SephirothWontDie

09-12-2012

he sounds cool, but you have no ratios on his abilities. he is very partial to mobility and range. his passive seems just fine. q looks like a poke, but the damage is so low. or is that per second? and for how long? his w seems cool, slow looks fine. his e gives low ad bonus. i would increase it to 10 additional per rank. armor pen seems fine, but i would have this cost mana per strike and be able to be toggled on and off. his ult seems to have a high cost for a small boost for a long time. i would 1) decrease the cost a little, ive seen global ults like this that dont even cost that much, 2) increase the bonus, 3) increase duration, or 4) give additional bonuses. im not an expert, but it looks weak to me. love his first joke, "Put the feather to the leather." lore seems too early due to Syndra not even being out yet(as far as i know), but cool nonetheless.

Lordaeth

09-12-2012

seph 1# by the tiem icarus is released if he will be released syndra will have been released for a looong tiem 2# q is per sec till enemy leaves the area

Lordaeth

09-12-2012

nah i liek it being passive, i mean his e cuz he already has mana-draining stuff, i wouldn't advise u to increase the stuff

SephirothWontDie

09-12-2012

my bad, i didnt see q being mana per second. my bad on reading skills, lol. ok, everything seems cool, so just add in ratios when you can. :3

RockJockey

09-12-2012

His ult is a Sivir ult but worse.

Lordaeth

09-12-2012

nope his is better than sivir

Lordaeth

09-12-2012

bump

Wulffe

09-13-2012

Alrighty, let's see here.

Passive looks okay.
The 1500 stretch looks a bit much for his Q. Is there a minimum range? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but the furthest distance I've seen for an ult (and granted I haven't seen the specs for all of them) was 1200 for a Sona ult. This is just his Q.
W looks good. Numbers will probably need to take a hit, for better or worse. But don't trust my word on that as I'm not a numbers guy.
E isn't bad though I feel that it's missing something or something could be added to it. Maybe make it that passive and turn it into a skill shot ability? Not sure.
As RockJockey said, this looks far too similar to Sivir's ult. I like what you did with it but I highly recommend reworking it to give it a more unique feel.

Not good with stats so I won't even touch this part.

Lore, you have a solid foundation but it could use a little work. Mostly grammar and word usage. I think it's a bit early for a Syndra reference but we all should know of her by now. I, however, don't think she'd care that they didn't worship her. From what I got she just wants to watch Ionia burn. She could be envious of the magi though and Icarus could have been the most powerful amongst them; powerful enough to draw her attention and inevitably cause the desired outcome.

I like his quotes but second taunt needs to go. I don't think it really fits his persona. I would also suggest adding 'Birds of a feather.' when moving.

Bonus points for having multiple skin suggestions!

Overall, not a bad champ at all. I love the name and reference as the story of Icarus is one of my favorite greek tragedies. For this guy you mostly just have aesthetic issues which should be adjusted for presentation purposes.

Looking forward to seeing his progression!

-C. Wulffe
CCF Council

Edit: I looked up a specific ult and realized that Caitlyn can go up to 3,000....still an ult though. xP