A few tweaks to Lux's new splash.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

POUNCESIN

09-12-2012

that improvement was so amazing i logged in just to +1

Riot, Hire this man.

Eyeburn

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannerNe View Post
I realize this still isn't perfect, but maybe it can bring us closer to a piece of art most of us can agree with.

Main changes were moving her head up and to the right, softening her eyebrows, adding a little onto her back to make it look less broken, and moving her free hand to the left up a tad.

For reference, the splash as it stands now: http://i.imgur.com/tT9cx.jpg

And my edit in the attachments. Thoughts?

EDIT: It was brought to my attention that someone else made an attempt before I did, so I'll throw out credit where credit is due and give a link for those who missed that thread (like me!).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2566572
I know you think the neck looks better, but in all honestly you made that segment flatter than it should be which gives her neck a truncated look.

The bend on her wrist was fine in the original work. People are getting bent up over it because it doesn't mirror the angle on her other wrist, and so it gives the illusion that it's bent much farther down than it should be. However, it's worth noticing that she's holding her staff in her other hand which explains the asymmetrical angles.

"Filling in her back" is just you messing with the exposure caused by the background light source. It's a very nit picky type of thing to point a fingers towards.

The only change I agree with is the eyebrows. I would go further and change her mouth as well; her smile is just too sharp and it makes her look evil.

King Salomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

gotta keep that bumped.

A Swarm of Koala

09-12-2012

Amazing how such small changes have a huge impact.

Deadoncemore

09-12-2012

Well done!

Omniance

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeburn View Post
I know you think the neck looks better, but in all honestly you made that segment flatter than it should be which gives her neck a truncated look.

The bend on her wrist was fine in the original work. People are getting bent up over it because it doesn't mirror the angle on her other wrist, and so it gives the illusion that it's bent much farther down than it should be. However, it's worth noticing that she's holding her staff in her other hand which explains the asymmetrical angles.

"Filling in her back" is just you messing with the exposure caused by the background light source. It's a very nit picky type of thing to point a fingers towards.

The only change I agree with is the eyebrows. I would go further and change her mouth as well; her smile is just too sharp and it makes her look evil.
Wrists don't bend that way when angled AWAY from the viewpoint. The fact of the matter is that it was copy+pasted from the opposite hand, then put into place haphazardly. Both arms and hands continue along the same path at the same angle, only being mirrored in appearance. Her right hand's clearly been ripped away from her wrist and left dangling a good inch+ off of the bone.

Her shoulders, in no way, line up or orient to her chest correctly. Her left shoulder pad is angled away from the camera angle, while the right is angled much less. Yet both arms are angled exactly the same.

Her back is completely shattered. There's literally no way to try and justify the fact that her spinal column is bent at almost a 90 degree angle.

The angle of her head/face is clearly off. It's obvious that her face was mirrored, however her left half of her head is angled towards us, yet her face is at a flat angle facing our direction perfectly.

Her left thigh is clearly longer than her right, and I haven't the slightest clue as to what the hell is going on with her right foot/heel area.

The angle of the horizon behind her also makes it impossible to tell just what the hell she's doing. It looks like she's stumbling forwards with a retarded grin and she's about to slam her face right into the pavement, because she's clearly not throwing her arms forwards to catch herself.

xXGospellXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Better...a LOT better.

pro4never

09-12-2012

This looks MUCH better.

I'm not opposed to the new lux splash (although it was shocking when I first saw it) but it DOES have some glaring issues. You fixed the main ones in this and I hope they take this into advisement for re-works!

Gh0stm4ker

09-12-2012

yours is better

mertatron

09-12-2012

anyway they won't change it