Chat while Spectating.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

INeedzAName

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Ok I didn't know which forum to post this under since there isn't really a general forum for suggestions.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why you can't chat with players while you are spectating a game. The game is delayed on purpose so you can't assist a friend in what is going on, so I see no drawback to adding in chat.

I would watch games while waiting for friends to finish theirs to queue with them (not always watching their games though) I couldn't communicate with them outside of leaving the spectate, checking on them, then watching more. This is really inconveniencing and I was wondering if others felt the same way as I did, and if there will be a chat function implemented, or even just letting us stay on the pvp.net client and just alt tabbing between a spectated game etc.

INeedzAName

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Anyone?

Deb

09-11-2012

I've always wanted this.

Composure40

09-11-2012

It would be nice for friends to have chat in spectate, the only issue I can think of is that it could be rather distracting.
e.g. You're in the middle of typing a sentence and someone pops up to gank you.

The Phoenix

09-11-2012

You can chat in spectate

Deb

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Composure40 View Post
It would be nice for friends to have chat in spectate, the only issue I can think of is that it could be rather distracting.
e.g. You're in the middle of typing a sentence and someone pops up to gank you.
It's just as distracting as if they're chatting while not spectating.

Steelflame

09-11-2012

You can just fine. Just turn the chat box on, and then type /w "Friend's name here" Message here.

maravilloso

09-11-2012

When you are spectating, there's an option for you to enable chat, where you can see what they are saying in ALL chat, AND you can do the command /w (summonername) to talk to your friend in game, or any other people while still spectating.

Jack Harkness

09-11-2012

Hey bro, they did X buff at Y time so it spawns at exactly Z. You had no vision so I'm just telling you this.

However, I believe that spectators should be able to chat amongst each other.

Heavy Machinery

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelflame View Post
You can just fine. Just turn the chat box on, and then type /w "Friend's name here" Message here.
Read this. This is how you do it.