Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Favorite Unique Trios for 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaeylen

09-20-2010

What are your favorite 3 person setups? I know the basic top tier favorites but I've run into situations where 3 of the not-so top tier champs really excelled.

My current favorite trio that I am currently running now is:

Taric: I play Taric in this trio and I typically duo with Malphite in a side lane. I build him with a Tear of the goddess, Berserker Greaves, Aegis of Legion, Nashurs.... early game and then proceed to upgrade the last 2 items based on the other teams makeup. Usually I just stack 2 Archangels for the AP. I tried many other builds including a GREAT pure AP build but the early advantages to Hybrid Tanks aura stacking are just to big to overlook in my opinion. If Alistar has lane issues I can easily solo lane while Malph runs to help.

Malphite: Malphite builds as a hybrid DPS tank and goes with Berserker Greaves, Aeges of Legion, Starks, Frozen Mallet, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer. He is my main heal focus and the Frozen Mallet gives him enough stay power to usually keep him up while things get crazy. He never initiates with his ult and instead uses it to protect any potential ff targets OR to chase down the squishies that may try to get away.

Alistar: He is built hybrid as well but his primary focus is to disable our targets and really put some burst hurt on the other team when needed. His ult, paired with Taric's make him a big hitter and allow him to initiate into a 5v5. He typically goes with Berserker Greaves, Warmogs, Frozen Mallet, Starks, Black Cleaver, Blood Thirster.

This trio is great for a number of reasons and I will briefly describe why.

1) Stay Power + Damage Output + CC. With Taric's Stun, Malphite's Slow and Ult, and Alistars clobber and headbutt... you will have no issues keeping a target in range including a slippery Yi. Taric's ult adds substantial AD early game and Paired with Alistars ult and Malphites self buff, the burst damage is insane when they want to drop a target. Each has the ability to modify their build for more HP or MR and Taric adds enough Armor to the group for most situations. We can stun a Fiddle, disable a Nunu and headbutt a Miss Fortune.....among other things heh.

2) Turrets. With Tarics ult, Malphites buff and Alistars ult + 60% turret damage, you don't need minions to drop turrets. We do this constantly when we are up against a difficult enemy. We travel the jungles around lvl 13 and just hit a turret hard with Taric tanking. Its gone in seconds and then we jump another or just go push a lane for a bit. This has helped us win games where our other 2 PUG members have just fed the enemy like crazy.

3) Surprise. When I pop Taric's ult and we push 4 or 5 ppl they aren't usually expecting what happens at first. We usually get a good number of early kills because of it. When they ff Taric, both Alistar and Malphite are ready with their disables and the great thing is, the people that ff are the ones we are usually dropping.

4) Other Members (PUGS): Most people that join us are typically building damage squishies and our 3 champs really support them well by initiating combat and disabling the hell out of them.

Anyway, that's my unique trio so let me know yours.

Rustamgrape

09-20-2010

Your champion selection, and your gear choices are horrific. You should feel bad.

MidnightShroud

09-20-2010

Never really had an imba trio but I had an imba duo with my friend. Me being alistar and him being fiddlesticks.

Fiddle Ulti channeling - me pulverizing - him jumping into the group, fear and w on anyone that is a bit higher on HP to not escape easily.

SweetTooth

Recruiter

09-20-2010

Ignite and a real carry will rape your team comp.

Lofter

09-20-2010

Quote:
Rustamgrape:
Your champion selection, and your gear choices are horrific. You should feel bad.

Says the Jr. Member with 12 games played :/