Riot i love your lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiwi Surprise

1 Day Ago

Good afternoon,
The recent Azir hype has been SO REAL. I love every second of the lore videos that you come up with. Most recently when viewing the "Descend Into the Tomb" I got goosebumps and chills run up and down my spine. The lore you have "summoned" (corny pun) for the last couple champions have been amazing. Its only been about a year now that I started playing League of Legends. Jinx was really the starting point for me, where I thought that promo video is AWESOME. Everyone after that (Vel'Koz, Braum, Gnar, and now Azir) has just made me so involved in the lore of your game. Almost as if you become that avatar on the screen and can show to the others playing or even observing; your mastery of that champion and using that emotion to take down that Nexus on the other end. I thought you guys could use a positive post for once. Keep it up Riot!!!

Foolish Lantern

1 Day Ago

Name:  69f1769b6e17935b298535406dfc5c0da5e6fa4bc8cc9ab8515860f8232ddee0.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  66.1 KB

Moby the White

1 Day Ago

I wonder how long you've played, or how frequently you read the lore. I am not saying your opinion of their "Lore" is wrong, I am just saying that calling it "Lore" is a disgrace to the original story that was created. it isn't wrong to like trash, you likely don't know better. I am not suggesting that the originals were any better. What I am suggesting is the idea that the integrity of their so-called "Lore" is now thrown out the window and totally worthless.

Basically what you are saying is this: "Riot, it is okay if you want to retcon the entire backstory of Runeterra along with over 100 original stories of champions who wanted to join the IoW. But thanks for making new champs and this Shurima Event, because that is what our story really needed, was for you to sabotage the game entirely and remove every aspect of the story from it. But that is okay Riot, because gameplay is more important than the story so many loved. In fact don't even worry Riot because we should just focus on the game, and not even try to make a story unique to the moba genre, no instead let us kill the very thing that seperated us from games such as DOTA, Smite, and Heroes of the Storm."

I see no voice in this new so-called "Lore", no mood, no tone, and most importantly no life.

Gentleman Gaston

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
I wonder how long you've played, or how frequently you read the lore. I am not saying your opinion of their "Lore" is wrong, I am just saying that calling it "Lore" is a disgrace to the original story that was created. it isn't wrong to like trash, you likely don't know better. I am not suggesting that the originals were any better. What I am suggesting is the idea that the integrity of their so-called "Lore" is now thrown out the window and totally worthless.

Basically what you are saying is this: "Riot, it is okay if you want to retcon the entire backstory of Runeterra along with over 100 original stories of champions who wanted to join the IoW. But thanks for making new champs and this Shurima Event, because that is what our story really needed, was for you to sabotage the game entirely and remove every aspect of the story from it. But that is okay Riot, because gameplay is more important than the story so many loved. In fact don't even worry Riot because we should just focus on the game, and not even try to make a story unique to the moba genre, no instead let us kill the very thing that seperated us from games such as DOTA, Smite, and Heroes of the Storm."

I see no voice in this new so-called "Lore", no mood, no tone, and most importantly no life.
Dude...that wasn't even remotely what the OP said.

Moby the White

1 Day Ago

No it isn't you are right.

Kiwi Surprise

1 Day Ago

I clearly stated that I have been playing for just about a year now. The teasers and promos for the champs have been getting better and better. What I am saying is that Riot is improving, whether its their gameplay, maps and modes, champions, lore, etc. The Shurima event is a step in the write direction as far as the lore goes. Frankly, you obviously have a different opinion and that's perfectly fine. You are entitled to your own opinion. However, do not try to interpret my own thoughts and morph them into a false statement. I enjoy the lore that Riot is doing with Shurima's champions and any of those in connection with the land. I'm one of those people that played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. When I played those games on the PC I would embrace the storylines and background of the characters I play, to me its interesting seeing how characters or in this case champions got to where they are. I think Riot should improve their lore because it has the potential to be phenomenal.

Moby the White

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Surprise View Post
I clearly stated that I have been playing for just about a year now. The teasers and promos for the champs have been getting better and better. What I am saying is that Riot is improving, whether its their gameplay, maps and modes, champions, lore, etc. The Shurima event is a step in the write direction as far as the lore goes. Frankly, you obviously have a different opinion and that's perfectly fine. You are entitled to your own opinion. However, do not try to interpret my own thoughts and morph them into a false statement. I enjoy the lore that Riot is doing with Shurima's champions and any of those in connection with the land. I'm one of those people that played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. When I played those games on the PC I would embrace the storylines and background of the characters I play, to me its interesting seeing how characters or in this case champions got to where they are. I think Riot should improve their lore because it has the potential to be phenomenal.
I apologize for the first post as it does place a great bearing on my opinion of the current situation. I am not suggesting you are making these claims, and have falsely accused you of being in alignment with the destruction of the IoW without any merit whatsoever. I am glad that you loved the story, and I pray for both our sakes that the integrity of the story remains pure. I understand the Shurima Event is not at fault for the removal of the IoW but is instead a predecessor to the fact. More events such as these should in fact be created, your example of Jinx is perfect. But such things as the retcon of Udyr and Trundle royally piss me off. Especially when the do have the chance to be phenomenal as you stated.

I see but a dwindling life when I see the Shurima event and just dread what is coming next.
The retcon of the IoW.

Kiwi Surprise

1 Day Ago

The usage of retcon for various champs may be due to the new champs entering the storylines in which they try to adjust for the new champions in order to make the lore work for the previous characters. It is rather frustrating to read one thing and then a new person comes out it explains something completely different. However, it slips under the noses of most who do not pay attention to the lore. For this case, the lore may be forever changing once new characters from their land are created. They have to attempt to connect them to other champions in some way.

Kiwi Surprise

1 Day Ago

It does suck that IoW was removed. But perhaps this is because no one pays much attention to the lore of the game as much as they used too

Moby the White

1 Day Ago

Which is an utter shame.