Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: "I have 3 other accounts, I don't care if I'm banned"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udyrfrykte

09-12-2012

I really don't get why Riot just doesn't hand out IP (connection) bans. IMO, if Riot says you're banned for a week, that person shouldn't be able to play AT ALL for the duration.

Oh, and if I see a "just a smurf account", "report me, idc" I hit punish 99% of the time.

Exploding Barrel

09-12-2012

Quote:
Udyfrykte:
I really don't get why Riot just doesn't hand out IP (connection) bans. IMO, if Riot says you're banned for a week, that person shouldn't be able to play AT ALL for the duration.

Oh, and if I see a "just a smurf account", "report me, idc" I hit punish 99% of the time.

Because of multiple people playing on the same connection, people playing in coffee shops, the ease of setting up a proxy to get around it, etc. IP bans really aren't an effective tool these days.

LittleDi

09-12-2012

Oh yea, appears we had a Lytening strike recently as well.

Quote:
Lyte:
I've said time and time again, there's 100% certainty you deserved all those bans and your current account Flexxon is also going to be banned--the community has voiced their opinions about all of your accounts over and over and we agree with them.

This isn't a debate. Your behavior is unacceptable.