@Riot: "I have 3 other accounts, I don't care if I'm banned"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GSHalleck

09-11-2012

I've been leveling up another account in duos with a friend of mine, and almost every time I see a feeder or troll they say this in post-game chat. Everyone agrees they were doing something very wrong the whole time, sometimes very obviously (spamming derogatory profanity for 40 straight minutes in allchat or feeding 0/20+).

I just wanted to know if anyone else felt this should elicit an extra punishment for people who claim it. They are obviously creating lowbie accounts to maintain trolling while their main accounts are banned, until one of their 30 accounts are permabanned, at which time their lowbie accounts will become their main troll accounts. This seems to me to be a blatantly toxic player whose only goal is to annoy as many players as humanly possible.

In a world where people like me were in control of permabans, anyone who claimed to be avoiding a permaban by having multiple accounts would be permabanned on all accounts immediately. I know reds don't often respond in this forum, but with the recent focus on abuse of the reporting system I was wondering if this was a factor in the discussions already taking place.

Thanks.
~Halleck

Wirius

09-11-2012

I teach high school. You know what most high schoolers say when they're in trouble and I state, "I'm going to call your parents?" They answer, "I don't care." 99% of them care after I call their parents. Don't listen to trouble makers attempts to make them think your efforts to stop them are fruitless. The one's who misbehave are some of the most predictable unoriginal people in the world. They'll care very much when their account is banned. Trust me.

Exploding Barrel

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirius View Post
I teach high school. You know what most high schoolers say when they're in trouble and I state, "I'm going to call your parents?" They answer, "I don't care." 99% of them care after I call their parents. Don't listen to trouble makers attempts to make them think your efforts to stop them are fruitless. The one's who misbehave are some of the most predictable unoriginal people in the world. They'll care very much when their account is banned. Trust me.
This. It's the classic response to try to save face, and maybe even try to make you think it's futile so you won't even report. Just report anyway and know they'll get theirs.

GSHalleck

09-11-2012

Good advice. I have always reported people that say this, but was just worried there might be a majority of players on whom this tactic works. From the sounds of it, it's not as good a dissuasive tactic as it seems. Glad to hear it, it might not need any Riot action after all.

Emailsupport7346

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHalleck View Post
I've been leveling up another account in duos with a friend of mine, and almost every time I see a feeder or troll they say this in post-game chat. Everyone agrees they were doing something very wrong the whole time, sometimes very obviously (spamming derogatory profanity for 40 straight minutes in allchat or feeding 0/20+).

I just wanted to know if anyone else felt this should elicit an extra punishment for people who claim it. They are obviously creating lowbie accounts to maintain trolling while their main accounts are banned, until one of their 30 accounts are permabanned, at which time their lowbie accounts will become their main troll accounts. This seems to me to be a blatantly toxic player whose only goal is to annoy as many players as humanly possible.

In a world where people like me were in control of permabans, anyone who claimed to be avoiding a permaban by having multiple accounts would be permabanned on all accounts immediately. I know reds don't often respond in this forum, but with the recent focus on abuse of the reporting system I was wondering if this was a factor in the discussions already taking place.

Thanks.
~Halleck
1) Chances are: They have no further accounts (as the highschool teacher said)
2) By saying so they kinda admit, so this + a slight sign for negative behavior on their side is almost an auto punishment
3) Even if they had 2 or 3 accounts this statement would cost them, because it costs time or $$ (bought accounts) to level and farm those accounts... so unless they are rich childs who keep buying good accounts to play and troll they will care at some point.

AJStarhiker

09-12-2012

So what if they have multiple accounts? It takes time and effort to build an account up. I admit to having multiples myself and it's kind of a pain to relevel and build your champion collection and rune pages. Even just hitting the first win bonus to farm IP will take at least 20 minutes per account (and that's if you faceroll the other team into an early surrender). For 3 accounts, that's a minimum of 1 hour. If each game is a close, nexus-to-nexus win, it can easily turn into 3+ hours. And a loss only adds another game onto that

Now, you could play Dominion or Bots to run shorter games, but Dominion still has a minimum 15 minute length and, again, a loss will again tack on extra games.

Trollbunalist

09-12-2012

Lots of butthurt folk in here trying to make themselves better after being thwarted in their pathetic attempts to assert authority.

Palladine

09-12-2012

There's a detection mechanism for smurf abuse too, I don't think Riot's given many details on it, but they've said that they have something to find and ban other accounts of known abusers.

Silverraptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

I remember Riot telling someone that was trying to do a LoL experiment that if 1 of his accounts were caught breaking the rules, Riot would find the other accounts and ban them too. I don't know the specifics on how they would do this, but it wouldn't suprise me if they figured out a way.

LittleDi

09-12-2012

Pendrakills happened in the past.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2237560
There's a nice list of them. Underpantaloon got a witch hunt in addition to perma bans.

I do like the one about Galfureye better though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
This'll take an hour or so while I have someone prep the case. I have verified that the poster is in fact the OP's smurf.
#5/6