Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
This tournament will be held at the Escapist Expo in Durham, NC on September 14th-16th. This is a 3 day tournament so all players will need to get a $30 3-day-pass to enter the tournament. The tournament is free to play and it limited to 24 teams. Sign up is first come, first serve.
Please Pre-Register at this link http://www.escapistexpo.com/register
1. Players can provide their own mouse, keyboard, and mouse pad. Players must use the PC and Monitor provided by The Escapist Expo.
2. All Player equipment is subject to approval. Tournament Directors reserve the right to deny the use of anything suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
3. Mice and keyboards must utilize standard USB interfaces. Players may not use PS2 interface equipment.
4. Players may not use 3rd party Add-ons.
5. Players may not alter game files or modify drivers.
6. Players may not change the video settings in Windows.
7. During a Game, Players may not have applications, browsers, or streams open other than the League of Legends launcher or application and any necessary drivers.
8. Players who break an Equipment Rule #1-8 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
1. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game and/or disqualification from the Tournament.
2. Players/Teams that are disqualified prior to the start of a Game will not be allowed to play in the Game. Players/Teams that are disqualified during a Game must quit out of the Game. Players/Teams that are disqualified won’t receive any benefits (prize, etc.) for their ranking in the Event.
3. In the case of a Computer/Monitor/PvP.net malfunction, a Tournament Director will attempt to Pause the Game. If the Game can’t be resumed, it may be restarted from the beginning, determined by the Tournament Director.
4. If a Team fails to report to their Station within 10 minutes of their Match’s announcement (Grace Period), they will Forfeit the 1st Game. If a Team fails to report to their Station within 30 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the Match and be eliminated from the event.
5. If their Match has not been completed, Players must ask their Tournament Directors for permission to leave their Station. Tournament Directors may set a time limit by the end of which the Player must return to their Station or they may deny the Player’s request. Teams may Forfeit a Game(s), or be forced to start a Game(s) despite an absent Player(s), if a Player(s) hasn’t returned by the end of their Tournament Director’s set time limit. Teams may Forfeit a Game(s), or be forced to start a Game(s) despite an absent Player(s), if a Player(s) leaves their Station without their Tournament Director’s permission, or is otherwise unable to play.
6. Teams may ask their Tournament Director for an extended break between Matches. The Tournament Director may set a time limit by the end of which the Team must report to their upcoming Match’s Station or they may also deny the Team’s request. Teams may Forfeit a Game(s) if they haven’t reported to their upcoming Match’s Station by the end of their Tournament Director's set time limit.
7. All rules are subject to change as seen fit by the Tournament Director.
1. Players may not Pause a Game.
2. Excessive trash talking will not be allowed. Any issues with all chat language will be punishable or unpunished by the Tournament director's discretion.
3. Warm-Up Games may not be played during, or prior to the start of, a Match.
4. Players who break a Conduct Rule #1-4 may receive a forfeit.
1. The current version of the League of Legends will be used for all Games.
2. Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate’s mouse or keyboard while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
3. Players who look at an opposing Player’s Monitor or projected screen, during a Game, will Forfeit the Game.
4. If a Game is started without the approval of a Tournament Director, it will be restarted from the beginning.
5. Players who quit or disconnect from a Game, before it has ended, will be allowed to rejoin the Game. A Team will Forfeit the Game if all of their Players quit without a Tournament Director permission.
6. Only Tournament Directors may connect to a Game as a spectator.
7. If a Player loses their connection to a Game, or their connection becomes unstable, the Game will be paused and the Player will be allowed to reconnect. If the Player is unable to reconnect, the Tournament Director will decide whether the Game should be replayed or a winner should be declared. If a Player is unable to reconnect, their teammates may also request that they be allowed to continue the Game shorthanded.
8. Games will not be restarted in order to allow for Rune, Mastery, or Champion changes.
9. All rounds are limited to 1 hour, after 1 hour all current games will be ended and the winner will be decided based on the amounts of towers left, if the tower count is equal the winner will then be decided based on which teams has more kills.
1. Map = Summoner’s Rift
2. Team Size = 5
3. Allow Spectators = Only Tournament Directors
4. Game Type = Tournament Draft
1. The Event will support as many as many as 24 Teams.
2. The Event will consist of Double Elimination Brackets and a Final Match.
3. The Double Elimination Bracket will have its own Winners Bracket and Losers Bracket. After losing a Match in a Winners Bracket, Teams will enter the corresponding Losers Bracket. A Match loss in a Losers Bracket will result in elimination from the Event.
1. All Matches will be Best of 1 Game.
2. The “Extended Series” rule will not be used.
1. All Teams must confirm their attendance by 1:30 PM EDT on Friday, September 14th, 2012.
2. All Teams will be required to pay for a 3 day pass to attend the Escapist Expo.
Replacement Players & Teams
1. No replacement teams or players will be accepted.
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
So I will be attending to the expo, I was wondering if anyone would like to get together and play as a team?
I main mid, but can pretty much play any role. Would love to find a few players and maybe to playing together before the LAN? Add me on skype mikey3004