Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please stop banning for...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fwakoom

09-11-2012

Language and spamming. There are language filters and ignore functions in the game, if a player fails to utilize them on somebody because they said something "inappropriate" or simply spammed, then its that players fault for:
A) Failing to have their language filters engaged. If you are offended by offensive language, please use the offensive language filter.
B) Failing to ignore somebody who is spamming. If they are spamming, ignore them. Simple as that.

There is one exception to this rule, people using racist remarks and slurs towards eachother. This is a multi-cultural game, and all people need to be treated with respect and dignity, even if they happen to play badly (sometimes very badly). You can't pre-emptively ignore somebody before they use a racist remark, and that is more than enough to ruin the fun value of playing this game, so if somebody is reported for "racism" it needs to be taken seriously, but can we please remove the option to report somebody for cursing and spamming? Its gotten ridiculous with all the trolls trying to get everyone banned.

Thanks! Up vote and comment if you agree

Exploding Barrel

09-11-2012

People should be treated with respect in regards to race, but not gender, sexuality, disability, age, or any other traits, choices, or preferences? Kind of an arbitrary line to draw in my opinion.

Baraqel

09-11-2012

so i can't click punish when i see someone being a dbag to others?

BrightNooblar

Recruiter

09-11-2012

OP, i think you're missing the point of those functions.

The ignore function exists so i can stop you from being a jerk to me, right now.
The filter is there to let me insulate myself from people who are being jerks, and don't evade the filter/have terrible spelling.
The punishment system is there so that I can help make sure no one else, who might not know about the ignore function, has to deal with you ever again.

Just because we can stop you from being a jerk on a case by case basis doesn't mean we shouldn't also stop you from doing it across the board, by banning you, once you've established that you view being a jerk as acceptable.

Aso, filter wise, there is a really big difference between how i'd vote on someone saying "F*** I missed my smite and it got stolen, then i F***ing died to their jungler" and "you F***ing stupid mother F***er"

I personally don't mind a little colorful language in a stressful spot. Sure it isn't a good thing, but it isn't so bad i'd vote punish for just that. However if you're cursing *AT* someone, that is a different story.

Fwakoom

09-11-2012

Fair enough. New plan will be to ignore every player then since I can't turn off chat. Man this game has gone down hill.

Kralael

09-11-2012

0/10.

Wouldn't read again, trying too hard.

Muddy Jenkins

09-12-2012

So if you insult and harass me I'll ignore you sure, but that doesn't erase what has already been said
or should I ask you in champ select if you are a dbag so I can ignore before you say anything

Emailsupport7346

09-12-2012

A first step would be to stop banning for "nothing":
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5640402/#nogo

And riot refuses to comment on this issue so far.