Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, NA servers are LAGGING....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SupahMonkiee

09-11-2012

Riot,

I have been playing your game for a year now and Im a HUGE fan of it. Around September 2nd I started getting this really terrible lag all of sudden and just couldnt find out where it was coming from. I tried everything I could think of. I know for sure it wasnt my computer because I havent downloaded anything for about 3 months. I looked on the forums to see what other people were saying (if they were saying anything at all) and I found a bunch of posts in the EU West region complaining about lag issues. I started to think maybe its just my computer somehow. A couple days passed and I checked the forums again. Now instead of it just being on the West...somehow people have been lagging on the East...So Im not crazy!! I knew it had to be a server issue. I contacted a handful of summoners on my buddy list and they were experiencing lag and high ping as well. I havent played a regular normal or ranked game in almost 2 weeks. All I play is bots and occasional ARAM since its fast. Im too scared to do anything else. I really dont want to stop playing League of Legends Riot, but the lag is unbearable and it makes the game really frustrating. Especially when your team mates call you a noob for diving towers...That game I didnt know I was diving a tower...my champ was stuck in front of a minion...You have been slain.,WHAT? HOW?

The point is that people are complaining and I feel like nothing is being done about it. I dont want to be a pain but help us Riot. Im not the only one with this problem. Summoners please reply to this forum cuz Riot only responds if there are a certain amount of posts.

Again I love League of Legends and cant see myself without it but Im kinda reaching my breaking point. I know it seems harsh and Im truly sorry but Im tired of people calling me a noob and not believing me when I say Im at 10 fps literally.

Thanks to whoever reads this and responds.

:3

Please Summoners, respond to this post so we can get Riot's attention.
This issue has started at the beginning of September 2012.

Canny

09-11-2012

i aint lagging

10fps? that's not the server that's your ****ty calculator

SupahMonkiee

09-11-2012

Quote:
Zyzz Khalifa:
i aint lagging

10fps? that's not the server that's your ****ty calculator

So 400 ping is because of my computer? I really doubt it.

I also said it came out of nowhere and others are experiencing it as well.

...but thanks for the feedback summoner.

Arcus Veles

Recruiter

09-11-2012

I am having occasional very short lag spikes, and only with LoL. It's frustrating.

NoxDragon26

09-11-2012

fps are not related with lag. It's your computer. Try to clean the cooling fans, it should work.

xXDawnBladeXx

09-11-2012

For the past 3 days now my ping has been spiking up to 800ish and sitting there for a minute or two then returning to normal. It's only affecting League and all over internet factors are running normally (even when the spike hits), really quite annoying :/

EDIT: I live in Australia and generally my ping is 215ish, if that helps at all.

SupahMonkiee

09-11-2012

Quote:
NoxDragon26:
fps are not related with lag. It's your computer. Try to clean the cooling fans, it should work.

I must have not been clear enough Im sorry I have 200+ ping as well. When my champ is loading its usually in the orange or even sometimes red.

D:

SupahMonkiee

09-11-2012

Quote:
xXDawnBladeXx:
For the past 3 days now my ping has been spiking up to 800ish and sitting there for a minute or two then returning to normal. It's only affecting League and all over internet factors are running normally (even when the spike hits), really quite annoying :/

Thats happening to me too. My internet is fast as always. Its only when I decide to play LoL that it starts to act up.

NoxDragon26

09-11-2012

Quote:
SupahMonkiee:
I must have not been clear enough Im sorry I have 200+ ping as well. When my champ is loading its usually in the orange or even sometimes red.

D:

:/ I should check today if I experience the same issue. Yesterday everything was going fine for me.

sfroza

09-11-2012

I highly doubt it's riot, is more likely our link to the US used to happen occasionally in wow.

I played one game this morning about 4 hours ago with 170ms, worked fine UNTIL I got in a fight everything lagging up and carrying on, there is definitely an issue. I just doubt it's riot, no one else in my games at that time was complaining (there was a chinese guy, a euro guy and 2 yanks on my team all with no lag)