Shu'gareth, The Whisperer of Madness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PaperAceChase

09-11-2012

Lore:
Summoners often call upon creatures from other worlds, using their natural powers to perform in the league. While sometimes benevolent, often times the creatures are so alien, that their presence alone is malignant. The reasoning behind the actions they perform is unknown, often maddening. Su'gareth is one such entity, whose logic is so unknown that it inspires madness in those it faces, and perhaps even those whom summon it.

Su'gareth was accidentally summoned, and refers to its origins as simply 'The Chaos', an alien world that is neither good, nor evil, but is entirely based off whim, instinct, and madness. Its first action, to instill a boon in its summoner, driving the hapless mage mad with visions of its reasoning and 'wisdom'. Since then, Shu'gareth has been chained in the darkest dungeons of the institute of justice, although her dreams and whispers can sometimes be heard, ever polite, ever drawing the unwary into the madness that spawned her. Whatever her goals, motivations, or sanity she has is unknown, but likely as alien as she herself is.

"When one stares at the Chaos, she stares back... and smiles..."
-Summoner after calling Shu'gareth into combat, later went insane from dreams

Abilities

Passive: Decent into Madness
Shu'Gareth passively causes insanity, causing each of her abilities to add an insanity mark on an enemy unit. After 8 marks, Insanity triggers, causing the unit to be feared for 3 seconds, as well as refreshing Shu'Gareth's abilties other than Touch of Chaos. Marks last for 20 seconds, and refresh for each new application.

Q-Whispers from the dark
Shu'gareth causes echoes of chilling fear and madness, after a second delay exploding , causing 50/60/70/80/90(+50%) ap over 3 seconds, and adding a mark of Insanity to all units caught in the blast. Adds two marks of Insanity, as well as dealing increased damage equal to targets health over the next 3 seconds (1% for every 10% of health missing) if target is under the effect of Mind Link.
Cooldown: 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 Seconds
Mana: 80
Range: 700
Area of Effect: 300 Radius

W-Mind Link
Shu'gareth sends out a tendril of herself, directly linking with their mind. Link lasts for 5 seconds, or until a champion moves 800 units away from Shu'gareth. Does 50/60/70/80/90(+20%) AP, adds a mark of Insanity, and empowers Shu'gareth's other abilities.
Cooldown: 15 Seconds
Mana: 50
Range: 600

E-Crippling Despair
Shu'gareth grips the target's mind with fear, doubt, and creeping madness, reducing movement speed by 20% for 2 seconds and adding a mark of insanity. If under the effect of mind link, the target also takes increased damage equal to 1/2/3/4/5% of shu'gareth's ability power for the next 4 seconds and is feared for 1 second. Bonus to damage ends if Mind Link breaks.
Range: 500
Mana: 90

R-Touch of Chaos
Shu'Gareth summons a portal into the 'Chaos', allowing One tendril to summon per point allocated to her ult. The zone itself deals 100/125/150(+20% AP) damage per second to enemy champions as well as adding a mark of Insanity to them for each second spent in the zone. The tendrils will attack nearby enemies, dragging them into the zone, and themselves deal 10% of Shu'Gareth's ap, and have 10% of Shu'Gareth's hp. Enemy champions who die in the zone give Shu'gareth 10% of their max hp healing her. Zone lasts for 8 seconds or until Shu'gareth is killed.
Range: 800
Area 150
Mana: 150
Cooldown: 120 Seconds

Role
Support, Disable, Caster

Statistics
HP: 456 (+90)
Mana: 225 (+50)
Movement Speed: 315
Armor: 20 (+4)
Magic Resistance: 20 (+2)
Health Regen: 4.5 (+0.6)
Mana Regen: 5.1 (+0.50)

Attack Range: 300

Items Recommended:
As AP: AP, Attack Speed, Magic Pen
As Support: Attack Speed, Aura, AP

Tips:
-Shu'gareth has low damage, but can harass and perform set ups well.
-Try to harass champions before team fights, reducing sanity to the point that, during a team fight, Insanity ensues, removing them from the fight

On Pick
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

Moving
As what was, will be
Beyond the stars...
*Incomprehensable whispering*
*Odd laughter*

Attacking
I shall show them wisdom of they who are...
The dreamer stirs...
*Screeching*
*Inhuman gurgling*

Joke
Madness? This, is, Chaos!
I feel pretty, oh so pretty...

Taunt
Weakminded? I see you as more accepting of the word....
You... make an excellent meal

Appearence
Shu'gareth appears with the torso of a beautiful woman, with exotic dark eyes, breath taking face with darker skin, and a warm smile. However, below her torso is the appearence of a large, writhing mass of tentacles, misshapen mouth with sharp teeth, eyes, and a mass of tendrils that allow her to move from fro to fro. She does not walk, but the mass oozes and slithers, and lash out while attacking. When using her Devour, her mouth opens disproportional to her face, attempting to swallow her victim whole; should the effect be lethal, she does indeed do so.

More to come...

PaperAceChase

09-12-2012

finished attacks, working on statistics. Champion is comming along as an ap, or support if built as much. While attacks are not flat out deadly, potentially she can slowly wither them away.

Star of Insomnia

09-12-2012

Her spells can be deadly with time i concur, but how do you think she woudl do her job in late games team fights if she takes time to ''set up''?

PaperAceChase

09-12-2012

yep, she would probably be an early game champion, and other than the crippling despair in a team fight, she could grab, which blitz and naut do, minus the lengthy cooldown. Might have to replace one of the abilities, or give it something extra, have to thinkabout it though.

PaperAceChase

09-12-2012

increased sanity damage on whispers, and higher potential sanity on Devour, and gave a lowering cooldown on whispers per rank. Definately leaning this one more for support, or really non-bursting ap. Definately would have a higher difficulty, as most of her utility is based off her landing Mind Link.

PaperAceChase

09-19-2012

To make Insanity more of a threat, Shu'gareth's basic attacks remove sanity based on her current level. At 1, she removes 1 sanity, at 13 she removes 2, and at 18 she removes 3.

Working on her judgement now, should be... interesting. Stats are done, looking for feedback. Feel free to leave your own champion concepts up, and i'll look at them and give my own feedback.

PaperAceChase

09-19-2012

Bumping, for great justice

Lyria Eternal

09-23-2012

Hmm, the idea of a sanity bar for champions in a battle with this champion would be interesting. However the idea of a 10 second fear (Which is what you are talking about) is a scary prospect. I will have to do a bit of mulling before I begin my review.

PaperAceChase

09-25-2012

Hmm, might lower it, since I did buff her sanity damage a bit

Skyhawke

10-02-2012

Hi PaperAceChase, some interesting ideas you have going here!

Lore: Could be streamlined a bit, but overall I think it's really good. "Pure Chaos" is kind of a cool concept.

Passive: Hmm. On the one hand, this is a very flavorful and iconic concept, but it has some flaws as well. First off, there's no way the 10 second fear-thing can stay. Just no way. It's essentially an instakill whenever it goes off (although it does take quite a bit of time to make it go off). Chipping away at their sanity is just so fun thematically that I think you should hang on to this concept somehow. Maybe make it more like a reverse-rengar type thing where every ability adds an insanity point, and if full insanity (5,6,8 stacks??) is reached, the fear goes off and her basic cooldowns are reset? I don't know.. just an idea.

Q: Underpowered and a little boring.

W: The interesting thing going on here is that the link empowers her other abilities, making breaking the link paramount, unfortunately since there are no skillshots it seems like getting her full combo off really isn't that tough--eliminating the chance for true counterplay

E: Maybe you could tie this in with the link (and adjust numbers, obviously) instead? Overall, a decent skill.

R: Continues with the void "eating" theme, haha. Not a terrible idea here, but the effects are too binary--the skill is weak without mindlink and way too strong with it (click target blitz hook with added effects?)

Overall: The basic concept is very solid, and an "insanity champ" should focus on slowly chipping away at the opponent, so I like a lot of what you've done here. Unfortunately, the skills end up just being comboing all his skills together without a lot of fun or difficulty put into it. I think this champ has a lot more room to grow, and I'm really excited to see what comes next!

--Skyhawk47, CCF Council--