[Champion concept] Gonzo, the hextech yordle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Hello all! I've been having this concept flying around in my head and my deviantart :P when I saw that these forums existed I though: Why not? so here he is!

Intro:
Gonzo is a yordle ranged-tank, his primary role is to disrupt enemy attention towards himself by jumping around dealing considerable damage and by taunting several ones at the same time. His ult allows him to reset teamfights if things get messy and while he seems to be a good scapist he's more about going in, tanking and throwing enemies towards his own team.

Skills:

Passive: Bouncing Hexbots:
After 6 hits taken a bouncing hexbot is created, each hexbot grants 2/3/4/5/6 bonus armor and magic resist to gonzo and nearby allies. (max stacks: 4)

This passive is what allows Gonzo to be a tank at the expense of getting damaged, it's kind of like Karma's, Olaf's and Tryndamere's passive where the more hits they take the stronger they become but for Gonzo is the tank-oriented version. I chose 6 hits because minions would charge his passive incredibly fast.

Number wise he would have max 24 armor and magic resist from this skill but he would be able to go up to 48 (negatron cloak and chain vest value) if he stores more hexbots from his E.

Range of aura would be 600 units

Bouncing blast:
Gonzo hits the floor with impressive strength dealing 50/80/120/160/200 (+0.4 AP) damage around himself and propelling his body to a desired position. If Gonzo hits a wall thick enough that he can't go through OR a champion he will bounce in an angle equal to his cast, second bounce deals the same damage around himself

This skill is meant to be a get-out or get-in card for Gonzo, it works like a reverse Tristana's Rocket jump and bouncing of off walls will just throw him further away since it works like a mirror instead of a set range skill.

Initial cast range is: 550 units and
The AoE initial damage is: 400 units
AoE from recoil is double from regular cast, meaning 800 units.

Hexbot Recoil:
Gonzo uses 2 of his hexbots to create a shield around himself that deflects spells and deals 30/60/90/120/150 (+0.5 AP).

This skill is probably the combination of all shields in the game right now, the shield can be broken by autoattacks but spell casts will consume the spell and return a fixed amount of damage to the caster

Annoying Hexbot:
Passive: Gonzo creates a hexbot every 10 seconds. (max stacks: 4)

Active: Gonzo throws a pair of hexbots in a straight line dealing 30/40/50/60/70 (+0.2 AP) and taunting enemy champions for 0.5/0.5/0.75/0.75/1 second. Each fired hexbot will consume two of his stacks. (meaning he can fire at max 4 skillshot). If the taunt is successful, Gonzo gains back 1 of the used hexbots.

This is what makes Gonzo a true tank, he won't be ignored much if he can force you to attack him, but in order to do that he will have to become squishier and will have to know how to land skillshots almost perfectly. I imagine this skill with half the range or Ahri's charm, meaning 500 units and half the width

Hextech Explosion (ultimate)
Gonzo releases a huge expansive wave around him that extends globally. Enemies around him will get knocked back and receive 150/300/450 (+0.5 AP, +20 per current hexbot), further units takes reduced damage in function of the distance from Gonzo down to 25%. Upon use all the hexbot stacks are lost.

Finally his ult is a combination of Draven's, Karthus' and Janna's ult, with no channel but a long casting time. Its damage will increase based on how many hexbots are stored at the moment of cast. I imagine the speed of the expansive wave to be kind of slow but quick enough as to reach the other side of the map in 1.5 seconds maximum.

Stats:
Health: 430+ 86 HP per lvl
Mana: 260 +34 mana per lvl
Attack Damage: 55.5 +3.5 AD per lvl
Attack Speed: 0.625 + 2.2% AS per lvl
Armor: 15 +3.2 Armor per lvl
Magic Resist:. 30
Movement Speed: 305
Attack Range: 475

Lore:
TBD but basically he was just a regular oldish yordle who's life was struck by violence, his child and wife died by consequence and in order for his own life to be saved heimerdinger implemented hextech technology directly onto his body. The sense of loneliness from his lost family made Gonzo's mind unstable trying to kill himself more than once but his new hextech life wouldn't allow him to; He joined the league with one objective in mind, to decapitate the one who made him this way.

"I never asked for inmortality." -Gonzo

Dead animation:

Gonzo doesn't die, he just bounces high into the air and dissapears
Recall animation:
Gonzo remains still and right before the casting is over he bounces on the ground, dissapears into the air and lands on fountain.

http://jesab.deviantart.com/art/Gonzo-the-courageous-bouncer-194129157

image is on my deviantart :P but I'll attach it too. the drawing is a bit old actually, I would probably make him more Ziggs-esque now :P but the idea is there

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rodhin

11-26-2012

bump for hextech yordle