Graphics card help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

w1zeguy

09-20-2010

Graphics cards help, whats the best card i can get for 300?
i was lookin at the GTX 465-470 which card in this area would be the best? i have 4 gigs ram and a dual core amd 5400+ 2.8 gig also whats the best brand?

Spit Bucket

09-20-2010

stfu ****a

iStomp Randomz

09-20-2010

whats your power supply.. never forget that bit

Tons Of Šamage

09-20-2010

If its over 9,000!! You cant get any cause all those cards would fry cause of the power supply thats being given.

Vhox

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuz1ve View Post
Graphics cards help, whats the best card i can get for 300?
i was lookin at the GTX 465-470 which card in this area would be the best? i have 4 gigs ram and a dual core amd 5400+ 2.8 gig also whats the best brand?

Nevernevernever buy the 465, unless it's the first revision then you can bios flash it to a 470. The best bang for your buck right now is the 460, but if you'd like go for the 470. Your dual core may bottle neck the Fermi(400 series) cards though, not too sure. As far as 'whats the best brand?" there is no true answer. All answers will usually be given based on favoritism towards one brand over the other. I've always prefered Nvidia(eVGA), compared to going with AMD/ATI. But you'll hear the complete opposite from someone else . If you're only running a dual core I would double check your power supply. Fermi cards are power hungry! ^^

Sorry for the quick post, off to take care of some things. Good luck with your purchase and if you have any more questions feel free to post.

Penders

09-20-2010

460 sli. mmmmm

Xquisite

09-20-2010

Its LoL..........you can play on high with a $25 GC

Sizatch

09-20-2010

Let us not forget about the ATi 5850, while it is not the greatest card, for 300 dollars you will get good performance and save on power. I am not saying it is better than any nVidia product I am simply giving a suggestion.