Great idea. Will it happen? You decide.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rlot Suxxx Balls

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunwoo View Post
I agree with everything you said, especially the part I quoted.
Not only could people be bullying a player, but a troll or toxic player could actually join, and instead of having an afk, you'd be having a detrimental feeder on your team, making matters far worse than they should be.
So you're agreeing that this idea has promise, but needs work, if you agree with that post...
Excellent! Now come up with some ideas! Contribute!

rvzillmer

09-11-2012

I like it. Give the "pitch-hitter" the average gold/level of the team and give them bonus IP.

magooomba

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlot Suxxx Balls View Post
Good feedback for once. Now come up with some ideas how to make it work and we're there!

For example...

If a game has a leaver, the players on the crippled team could surrender before 20 (a good suggestion earlier in this post) if agreed upon by the majority(3). If vote for surrender fails, a PINCH HITTER is automatically called in. As an incentive to play the game out/not surrender, bonus IP could be rewarded for calling a PINCH HITTER as opposed to losing additional IP (or all IP) for surrendering. If they did vote for a pinch hitter, a little window on the right would pop up (like the surrender thing) , and they would then select the role needed.

What is a PINCH HITTER?

The PINCH HITTER is a player who joins a special queue for the sole purpose of filling an empty/leaver slot. This PINCH HITTER would see the role requested, and then have the option of accepting the game invite or not. Again, as an incentive, they could receive additional IP for agreeing, and playing the game out. They could also possibly receive a penalty for not joining the game. Nothing too serious, but enough to motivate them to accept more often than decline. Maybe a cool down on rejoining the PINCH HITTER queue, or something like that. Or maybe even REQUIRE the PINCH HITTER to use a simple role selector with all the recognized roles (jungle/support/tank/ADC/APM/top/etc) to chose from, and allow them to select as many as they wish (minimum 1). Maybe even give the PINCH HITTER additional IP for each additional role selected beyond the first to incentivise being more capable of filling a missing role! Presto! New player INC!

Of course, these are all just rough ideas, but I really think there is amazing potential here. Also, take notice of the general theme of rewards/incentives (both for the crippled team members sticking it out, and the PINCH HITTER jumping in to make it a game again) for PLAYING and NOT QUITTING. The goal here is to PLAY the game, NOT QUIT, right?

Need more feedback! Feed the feedback monster!
I would agree it has potential, but as an advocate for the proposed system, I'm sure he (as well as I) would like your answers to those questions. I have similar concerns, but I'm not simply going to quash them by answering them myself. This seems like a good opportunity for discussion, so let's discuss. Be a discussion monster, not simply a feedback one. What would you propose as solutions to the potential problems outlined?

Fwakoom

09-11-2012

Good idea, I'd vote to have the "newcomer" enter the game as the character the leaving summoner left behind. for instance if the leaver is "teemo" the new player plays as "teemo" with all the gold, levels, ect that "teemo" had aquired from the beginning of the game, nothing more nothing less, just as if the "original teemo" had came back to play. Thanks for the good idea!

Tank Ironhide

09-11-2012

Hello. OP here. I have done a great deal of thinking/brainstorming, and have re-posted with the title