Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New to jax, help please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyBolas

09-21-2010

Quote:
Mamox:
this is very wrong. Max his stun first, and its your choice if you like leap or empower first. DO NOT LISTEN to this guy, no offense crazy but maxing anything but E first is dead wrong, ofc R too when you can.

I just said that I had heard that one was better, not that I knew it to be better.

I could see a case for doing empower last. Not sure I understand your thinking behind getting maxing out the stun before maxing out the leap strike, perhaps you could provide a bit more explanation on that?

Vietboiz18

09-21-2010

I would get..
Doran shelid (get ride of when you dont need)
Tabi boot(dont need if your getting phantom blades)
Rage blade
2x blood thirst
Guardian angel( if need)
Edge

WiZoRZ

09-22-2010

any good links on how to play him good? i just suck with jax im like 3 win / 13 loses, rarely with a good ratio

Suelerium

09-22-2010

Quote:
Mamox:
this is very wrong. Max his stun first, and its your choice if you like leap or empower first. DO NOT LISTEN to this guy, no offense crazy but maxing anything but E first is dead wrong, ofc R too when you can.

Could you please elaborate a little ? I guess you realize that this is contrary to every serious Jax guide (check leagucraft)... I don't say you are wrong though, but Jax "common sense" is that 2% dodge is not enough to justify putting more than one point in this ability (unless jungling ofc).

I'd like to hear your reasons.

Mojobechi

09-22-2010

Quote:
dDamage:
Although he's not really built for it, he makes a neat tank. People will focus on you because you're jax and you have a stun that you can use pretty often.

Don't see it too often though... That could be of the incoming "that's because Jax sucks as a tank" posts. :P

This is interesting... anyone have success as a tanky jax?

Dr Karmasutra

09-22-2010

Personally I use.

Runes:
Seals - Dodge
Glyphs - Flat CDR
Marks - Armour Pen

Items
Dorans + HP
Heart of Gold
Giants Belt
Rageblade
Rylais
Rageblade
Bloodthirster/Frozen Mallet

Works really well for me, and barely need to rely on a team - If their bad.

Dr Karmasutra

09-22-2010

Quote:
Suelerium:
Could you please elaborate a little ? I guess you realize that this is contrary to every serious Jax guide (check leagucraft)... I don't say you are wrong though, but Jax "common sense" is that 2% dodge is not enough to justify putting more than one point in this ability (unless jungling ofc).

I'd like to hear your reasons.

Tbh I never max E first, Q and W are good early, it REALLY depends on who your laning with.
And get the % in dodge in defensive masteries.

Most of the time if I'm laned a slow or stun I use:

1. Q
2. E
3. W
4. Q - Lowers cooldown + gives damage
5. Q - Lowers cooldown + gives damage
6. R
7. E

From there I even out W and E and when R is out I do that.

Works really well, I like it

KrupsMcGee

09-22-2010

Quote:
WiZoRZ:
any good links on how to play him good? i just suck with jax im like 3 win / 13 loses, rarely with a good ratio

Farm, farm and farm more. Make sure your team can take care of themselves and give you any opportunity possible to farm. If someone is giving you trouble have your team gank them. You need to be selfish and farm like crazy. Farm the jungle, lanes, steal kills, just get as much $ as possible.

Once you are well farmed, you can kill anyone. Punish people for wandering alone. In teamfights wait til you stun procs (on minions or whatever), have your tank initiate then jump in, stun, and whale away at their squishiest champs. Casters are a priority because they can kill you right quick if you're not careful. So kill them first.

Your dodge and passive should give you good defense against phys. dps.

Builds suggested here are good:
Start with doran's shield (or blade but I prefer shield), then
rageblade
ninja tabi
Bloodthirster
Atma's
Stark's
Gunblade/Ghostblade/Black Cleaver/Infinity Edge/Etc

If they have a fed caster giving you trouble you could pick up a banshee's, FoN, Abyssal Scepter, Lichbane or something to help w/ mr.

WiZoRZ

09-22-2010

oh ok now ive done 3-4 positive game score in a row. I seem to have found something which works for me but should I be the one that engage? Really not used to melee chars as I said in earlier posts.