Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New to jax, help please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiZoRZ

09-21-2010

Also, what do you people recommand for runes?

Red - Atk speed or Armor Pen?
Yellow - Dodge
Blue - Magic Res, Atk Speed, AP, Mana Regen ... ?
Quint - HP / Dodge?

dDamage

09-21-2010

pen, dodge, blues... whatever... , hp

CrazyBolas

09-21-2010

Quote:
WiZoRZ:
Also, what do you people recommand for runes?

Red - Atk speed or Armor Pen?
Yellow - Dodge
Blue - Magic Res, Atk Speed, AP, Mana Regen ... ?
Quint - HP / Dodge?

Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Magic Resist
Quint: Flat HP

Suelerium

09-21-2010

^ this

WiZoRZ

09-21-2010

regarding magic res runes, should i go for per lvl or flat

what is the best combo of summoner spells for jax? I currently use Ghost / Exaust Cleanse / Exaust

Suelerium

09-21-2010

i only use per lvl blue as far as i am concerned

CrazyBolas

09-21-2010

Quote:
WiZoRZ:
regarding magic res runes, should i go for per lvl or flat

what is the best combo of summoner spells for jax? I currently use Ghost / Exaust Cleanse / Exaust

Generally you'll want one offensive and one escape summoner spell for anyone you play.

Ignite is a good pick because you can get the specialty that lets you have 10 ability power when it's on cooldown. It can also help you get an early kill during the lane phase. I usually do ignite / ghost with Jax.

Exhaust isn't really needed so much because you aren't too worried about blinding someone so that they don't melee attack you... you let them attack, dodge the attack, and stun them in return. It's a good spell for the slow, but with leap strike and item slow (phage, frozen mallet, trinity force, hextech gunblade, or similar) you don't need that quite as much. If you are gutsy, you could do ignite / exhaust, but then you are really short on escape mechanisms, with only exhaust to save you from a bad situation.

Cleanse if you have trouble getting disabled a lot, but again you could do this with items instead if you prefer. Banshee's Veil or Sash. If you want to go all-out on defense, then ghost/cleanse or ghost/flash would do it.

Flash is good, but I think Jax works a bit better with ghost since he already has leapstrike he can use to close the distance to hit someone or ambush them from the brush.

WiZoRZ

09-21-2010

Quote:
CrazyBolas:
Generally you'll want one offensive and one escape summoner spell for anyone you play.

Ignite is a good pick because you can get the specialty that lets you have 10 ability power when it's on cooldown. It can also help you get an early kill during the lane phase. I usually do ignite / ghost with Jax.

Exhaust isn't really needed so much because you aren't too worried about blinding someone so that they don't melee attack you... you let them attack, dodge the attack, and stun them in return. It's a good spell for the slow, but with leap strike and item slow (phage, frozen mallet, trinity force, hextech gunblade, or similar) you don't need that quite as much. If you are gutsy, you could do ignite / exhaust, but then you are really short on escape mechanisms, with only exhaust to save you from a bad situation.

Cleanse if you have trouble getting disabled a lot, but again you could do this with items instead if you prefer. Banshee's Veil or Sash. If you want to go all-out on defense, then ghost/cleanse or ghost/flash would do it.

Flash is good, but I think Jax works a bit better with ghost since he already has leapstrike he can use to close the distance to hit someone or ambush them from the brush.

Thank a lot this was helpful.

ok guys one last thing i think. Any feedback on the champion? What is my duty with jax (i'm really not used to melee champs) what is a good score?

BustnHosDwn

09-21-2010

Quote:
Suelerium:
Important thing to remember is that you suck before your ulti/guinsoo have stacked. Wait before you have at least a few stacks AND your stun ready before leaping. Empower/Leap/Stun/attack can do a lot of dmg, and if you have stacked guinsoo and ulti before doing it, your AS can be ridiculously high.

Jax is underpowered right now, and thus tough to play. Be sure to have a good timing, or else you will just ruin the game for your team.

Jax only underpowered moment is before level 6 early game, you must play conservatively to help offset this. When he turns 6 it does wonders for his dps and as, making him a killing machine. Depending on the build Jax scales very nicely by end game usually leaving a trail of bodies behind his wake of destruction.

Mamox

09-21-2010

Quote:
CrazyBolas:
Get your ult (R) whenever you can. Max out leap strike (Q) as quick as possible. Get at least one level of each of W and E quickly.

I don't see much difference between W and E and which to max first, but I've heard that W is the better skill to max.

Something like:

Q, E, W, Q, Q, R, Q, W, Q, W, R, W, W, E, R, E, E, E.

this is very wrong. Max his stun first, and its your choice if you like leap or empower first. DO NOT LISTEN to this guy, no offense crazy but maxing anything but E first is dead wrong, ofc R too when you can.