Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New to jax, help please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiZoRZ

09-20-2010

Im new to Jax and I need tips. I think i'm doing ok but still. Any build suggestion, tips?

I use this build for the moment

Tabi
Rageblade
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster
+ anything i feel i need

CrazyBolas

09-20-2010

Hextech Gunblade is good.

Suelerium

09-20-2010

Dont take Phantom before bloodthirster : with ulti and rageblade you have high AS already after a few hits, but you lack DMG. Phantom should be taken much later, if ever.

Smockin

09-20-2010

Personaly i wouldn't take phantom dancer at all (unless they have a team of ALL AD) if you lurk the forum a little more you will find out that attack speed is pretty useless especially on jax and crit is meh, but phantom dancer is too expensive for what it does what i do on jax is
1.Tabi
2.Rageblade
3.Situational HP item(Sunfire/Force of Nature)
4.BloodThirster
5.Gunblade(remember to use the slow)
6.Situational item

I recommend a dodge/AS rune page for maximum effectiveness.

WiZoRZ

09-20-2010

Thanks a lot guys really appreciate

WiZoRZ

09-20-2010

what about the skill order?

CrazyBolas

09-20-2010

Quote:
WiZoRZ:
what about the skill order?

Get your ult (R) whenever you can. Max out leap strike (Q) as quick as possible. Get at least one level of each of W and E quickly.

I don't see much difference between W and E and which to max first, but I've heard that W is the better skill to max.

Something like:

Q, E, W, Q, Q, R, Q, W, Q, W, R, W, W, E, R, E, E, E.

CrazyBolas

09-20-2010

Quote:
Smockin:
Personaly i wouldn't take phantom dancer at all (unless they have a team of ALL AD) if you lurk the forum a little more you will find out that attack speed is pretty useless especially on jax and crit is meh, but phantom dancer is too expensive for what it does what i do on jax is
1.Tabi
2.Rageblade
3.Situational HP item(Sunfire/Force of Nature)
4.BloodThirster
5.Gunblade(remember to use the slow)
6.Situational item

I recommend a dodge/AS rune page for maximum effectiveness.

That's actually a very good order of items for Jax, IMHO. You get your dodge and your rageblade quick, then get a defensive item to help keep alive, then your lifesteal item, then back to the spendy gunblade.

WiZoRZ

09-20-2010

thanks for replies! and what about impala instead of sunfire/ FoN? since atma's giving dmg and dmg is giving hp

Razzimath

09-21-2010

Atmas is better than sunfire for jax. Only situation I wouldnt get atmas on him is if you're against full magic damage, in which case id get FoN/Banshees.